Siam Man

Soi 11 Nightlife and eats

ABOVE 11 - we were treated just like any other customers so this place id 100% LB friendly.

That is because the French Manager also shares our passion for she cock, he has hit on my gf and her friends with free drinks on a couple of occasions..

The Italian Manager of Zaks is another one who does this

If you turn into Cheap Charlies off Soi 11 there are a group of restaraunts. Aprilbr, and a tranny we met went there before heading to Darkside one night. It's pretty good mexican fare. Not as good as you can get in the Southwest US, or Mexico, but much better than we can get in Australia. I got the tacos which were better than Taco Sunrises in my opinion. The service was good and the decor was better than Taco Sunrise. Anita the tranny thought it was better than she expected. She is from the States (Texas) so she is used to great Tex Mex fare. Sorry I didn't get more photos.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

I fully endorse Sima Man's comments about the Mexican place in Soi 11. I've been there a few times now and found it to be good value. To find it walk up Soi 11 from Suk Rd. The first lane way on your left off Soi 11 has a number of bars and restaurants. It's located in the middle of these.

Brendan

Edited by Aprilbr

I fully endorse Sima Man's comments about the Mexican place in Soi 11. I've been there a few times now and found it to be good value. To find it walk up Soi 11 from Suk Rd. The first lane way on your left off Soi 11 has a number of bars and restaurants. It's located in the middle of these.

Brendan

That little lane where Cheap Charlie's is has developed tremendously over the years. In the past the only places there were Cheap Charlie's, the Moghul room (Indian restaurant and still there) and the local VD clinic (which is still there as well). Nowadays there are places like Snapper, the Tapas Café, Chez Pape and Charley Brown's Mexicana in addition to the older places, making this little sub soi of soi 11, nicknamed soi Aroi, well worth the visit for a nice uncomplicated affordable meal.

http://www.tapasiarestaurants.com/

http://www.chezpape.com/

http://www.snapper-bangkok.com/

If you turn into Cheap Charlies off Soi 11 there are a group of restaraunts. Aprilbr, and a tranny we met went there before heading to Darkside one night. It's pretty good mexican fare. Not as good as you can get in the Southwest US, or Mexico, but much better than we can get in Australia. I got the tacos which were better than Taco Sunrises in my opinion. The service was good and the decor was better than Taco Sunrise. Anita the tranny thought it was better than she expected. She is from the States (Texas) so she is used to great Tex Mex fare. Sorry I didn't get more photos.

Brendan

I took a ladyboy to meet Aprilbr at Charlie Brown's Mexican again. We arrived before Aprilbr so we sat at the bar while they cleaned a table for us. They were doing quite well by the looks, and only had small tables of two open when arrived. Soon after Aprilbr showed up our table was ready. It was a Wednesday night and they had a promotion that you could buy any 3 nibbles for the price of two. So I ordered the Baja Fish taco's that were 100 baht each for myself, and then ordered 3 of the pork/chicken Taco's for my friend which were 80 baht each. The food was all good as usual and the free chips and salsa is a nice touch and tasty. Aprilbr left before the bill came to meet a friend whose flight had just landed and was due to meet him at his hotel. When the bill came I noticed it was a bit higher than expected so I looked it over and noticed they had charged me 100 baht for each of the 3 Bajah Taco's. :Bonkers: When I pointed this out to a waitress who was cashiering she said the Bajah Tacos weren't included on the promotion. I laughed at her and went and grabbed my menu where our original waiter had circled everything included on the promotion. Then yet another waiter got involved and said since the we had 6 taco's all together only the 80 baht ones would be free. :Bonkers: Bullshit I said. What kind of nonsense is that, and said I had the 3 for 2 promotion and so did my friend. Then I noticed a second Soda water was also on the bill. I could have sworn that Aprilbr only had one. They insisted he had two. They had only discounted 80 baht total also on the Taco's which should have been 180 baht according to the menu. The extra Soda water was 35 baht. Altogether it was a 135 baht baht error.

IMG_7483.JPG

I could tell by the decor the place was owned by an American and asked if I could speak to him as this was bad business practice. They said they would call him and he would come in. Well I didn't have time to wait around for him as I was meeting Aprilbr and his friend at Darkside Bar. So I paid the bill and guaranteed I would let others know about this experience. So you can bet trip adviser will be getting a review. I purposely pointed out there would be no tip which would have likely been 100 baht. At Darkside I told Aprilbr about the bill and he confirmed he only had one soda water.

So after this experience I would have to downgrade this place. The food is good, but be wary of the promotions and the billing practices.

IMG_7488.JPG

IMG_7494.JPG

Great Korean restaurants in Korea town. Baan at the back end on the left!

Last trip in October 2014 I went in to Q Bar to meet my mate from Oldham, he as lived in Bangkok around 11 years or so now. We stayed in Q Bar for a couple of hours and their where quite a few people in that night though it was a weekend.

Passed by it a fair few times over the last few weeks and noticed it had changed its name to The District

image.jpg

Hi All

Realised I forgot to post my Review of the Above 11 Bar / Restaurant. I visited on 4th Feb with my 2 Fav LB (Bee & Patti) and I had already made a table reservation. We entered the lift with a couple of others and was so funny the expression on the European woman,s face was a picture as she stared at me with my 2 Friends. But we were greeted by the Bar by the waitress and shown to our roof side table overlooking Soi 11, and ordered cocktails, a Bottle of Wine and some sushi selection and we were treated just like any other customers so this place id 100% LB friendly.

We ordered, the soft Crab, Golden Potatoes, California Roll, Salmon and avacado roll, and a Tuna roll. The Food was very tasty, not the best sushi I have had but certainly edible. The bill with Wine was around 3500THB which I thought was very reasonable.

I would recommend a visit here, not just the view, but food and cocktails were very good - :D

I ended up going to Above Eleven (located on top of Fraser Suites) after stopping in at the Nest above LeFenix Hotel. There was no live music at the nest, so I wasn't going to pay those drink prices there all night so I took my date (Jell) for the evening to Above Eleven. The drink prices were about the same but Above Eleven offers a better view of the city and I hadn't been before. No worries with a ladyboy, but they have a dress code sign as you enter.

IMG_9726.JPG

IMG_9722.JPG

The atmosphere is quite nice and comfortable. As we arrived later a table on outer edge was open. The kitchen had just closed so we couldn't order a nibbly. I was quite impressed with the bathrooms as they offered a great view (Soi 11 and city) as well. Would be an even better view during daylight hours, but getting a table may be difficult.

IMG_9712.JPG

IMG_9710.JPG

IMG_9707.JPG

It's a pretty nice set up really and would be a great place to take a date for a more quite relaxed evening out. I think I would rather take just one ladyboy rather than a few. Jell had never been either so it was nice for both of us to experience it for the first time together. Provides them a great place to take their selfies of where they are and what they are eating/drinking.

IMG_9725.JPG

IMG_9721.JPG

IMG_9714.JPG

IMG_9694.JPG

IMG_9695.JPG

Edited by Siam Man

I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian but Veganarie on Soi is a regular go-to for me. Very tasty delicious healthy food. I think it might be a chain but really really good.