Jump to content
naughtydog-bkk

Pulse Clinic - ASOK!

Recommended Posts

Just a heads-up for some of you BMs that have the Asok-Nana area as your stomping grounds and don't really enjoy the monthly trek to the Pit of Silom to visit Pulse. Pulse are opening up an Asok clinic in August. It will be located in Soi 13 in the Trendy building. This couldn't be more convenient for me - it's literally across the road. 

I take this as a sign from God that I need to bareback a bunch of ladyboy hookers ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, naughtydog-bkk said:

Just a heads-up for some of you BMs that have the Asok-Nana area as your stomping grounds and don't really enjoy the monthly trek to the Pit of Silom to visit Pulse. Pulse are opening up an Asok clinic in August. It will be located in Soi 13 in the Trendy building. This couldn't be more convenient for me - it's literally across the road. 

I take this as a sign from God that I need to bareback a bunch of ladyboy hookers ASAP.

Thanks for the great news Naughty.

I've been putting off visiting Pulse, as I need to get a few 'exotic' jabs and just read an article about an outbreak of Encephalitis in India. I do need to get my act together, prior to making that trip.

The Trendy Building on soi 13 is unbelievably convenient for me, as that's where the office is located!

The Lord hath spoken, this must be a sign! LOL.

Cheers and thanks for the very useful information, its a lot more convenient than making the trek to Silom.

Now all that they need to do is get the lift capacity in the Trendy Building sorted, so that it can cope with the hordes of wannabe visa applicants from Nana hoping to visit their 'true loves' in Oz, NZ, Canada and the UK!

SAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Soi 13 branch opens in August. I was at the Silom clinic the other day - it is more convenient than Thai Red Cross Anonymous clinic but MUCH more expensive. Something to consider...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, whitecck said:

The Soi 13 branch opens in August. I was at the Silom clinic the other day - it is more convenient than Thai Red Cross Anonymous clinic but MUCH more expensive. Something to consider...

I was a regular at PULSE Silom, and they charge for everything. Have to talk to a "consultant" to pick up  a box of Teno-EM PrEP. So that would be 500+1200 for one package. Now I just buy them around the corner at the Chula Pharmacy for 660 THB a pack and do Express HIV tests (without consultant) for 500 at PULSE.  

For STD test you will have to pay a consultant (500), doctor (900) and the test itself around 4000. So that quickly escalate costs. 

To sum up: PULSE is great for HIV/Syf drop in tests and first time consulting when starting PrEP. For everything else I´d go elsewhere. But they are quicker than Red Cross delivering test results from labs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lb_beginner said:

I was a regular at PULSE Silom, and they charge for everything. Have to talk to a "consultant" to pick up  a box of Teno-EM PrEP. So that would be 500+1200 for one package. Now I just buy them around the corner at the Chula Pharmacy for 660 THB a pack and do Express HIV tests (without consultant) for 500 at PULSE.  

For STD test you will have to pay a consultant (500), doctor (900) and the test itself around 4000. So that quickly escalate costs. 

To sum up: PULSE is great for HIV/Syf drop in tests and first time consulting when starting PrEP. For everything else I´d go elsewhere. But they are quicker than Red Cross delivering test results from labs.

 

What's involved for an express HIV test? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 9:29 PM, Ropey said:

What's involved for an express HIV test? 

Take the test, wait 10 min, get the result. The option is only available to "existing PULSE clients". So the first time you need to talk to a consultant for 500 extra.

 https://www.pulse-clinic.com/pulsexpress/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Pulse clinic seems to be on an expansion path: In addition to their Silom location and the upcoming Nana / Asok location, they also have or are about to open new clinics in KL (Kuala Lumpur) , Hong Kong , and HCM City :

 

b1038b8780349c2edd0efe73fc25ddbb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 5:13 PM, Thanks said:

 

Pulse clinic emoji541.pngemoji382.png seems to be on an expansion path: In addition to their Silom location and the upcoming Nana / Asok location, they also have or are about to open new clinics in KL (Kuala Lumpur) emoji1157.png, Hong Kong emoji1125.png, and HCM City emoji1264.png:

They fill a market since many westerns don't wanna waist their time at The Red cross. 

And they make good money since they charge high prices for all other than express services. A box of Teno-EM costs me around 1200 at Pulse, or 690 at Chula Basaj. So they make more than 100% pr box sold ( since they buy it for a lot less than 690)

But it is very convenient, and that's what we for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question: do most of the BKK pharmacies carry PrEP drugs? I checked with PULSE Clinic on their price for Tafero-Em (emtricitabine 200mg + tenofovir alafenamide 25mg) and they quoted  2,200 baht per bottle, which is double what it costs via mail in the US. I'm hoping I can find it for closer to the US$35 price. If not, is there a recommended pharmacy that would have a variety of PrEP drugs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tafero-EM is Generic Descovy, which is approved for PrEP.

Ask them for Teno-EM. That is the locality made generic form of Truvada. It should be half the price.

As a general rule of thumb even in Thailand anti-retroviral medication is controlled and not readily available at many outlets. There will probably be some out there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I am hoping to avoid the generic versions of Truvada, as they have much stronger effects on liver and kidney functioning. I may check with the pharmacy that's around the corner from the Pulse clinic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

Thanks. I am hoping to avoid the generic versions of Truvada, as they have much stronger effects on liver and kidney functioning. I may check with the pharmacy that's around the corner from the Pulse clinic.

The Chula pharmacy sells Teno-EM for 690 per bottle. It is around the block. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lb_beginner said:

The Chula pharmacy sells Teno-EM for 690 per bottle. It is around the block. 

Thanks. I'm actually in the market for Tafero-Em. Teno-Em has the nasty kidney-liver side effects that I'm trying to avoid. I'll check Chula pharmacy in case they also carry Tafero-Em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

Thanks. I'm actually in the market for Tafero-Em. Teno-Em has the nasty kidney-liver side effects that I'm trying to avoid. I'll check Chula pharmacy in case they also carry Tafero-Em.

Teno-EM/Truvada can impact Kidney function if taken for extended periods. Unless you have underlying Kidney issues they return to normal once you stop.

Tafer-EM/Descovy can impact bad Cholesterol levels and has been shown to cause weight gain.

The benefits of Descovy over Truvada are disputed in various tests. Not as clear cut Gilead made out.

Teno-EM contains the exact same drugs as Truvada and the Thai government facility that manufacturers it is WHO approved. The quality control is high. Do not let that concern you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

Thanks. I'm actually in the market for Tafero-Em. Teno-Em has the nasty kidney-liver side effects that I'm trying to avoid. I'll check Chula pharmacy in case they also carry Tafero-Em.

The effect on the kidney is individual, as I understand it. I did a test at PULSE after a month of use and all good. However, I don't use it more than a couple of months at a time. Is your plan to use it daily for the rest of your life? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this clinic still there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×