Sign in to follow this  
Youngone

Privelege Entry Visa (5 year multiple entry)

Nice to see it was so smooth. By the sounds of things Thailand is clamping down on people who stay for extended periods on multiple Tourist Visas and/or Visa Waivers and so on. The new Multiple Entry Tourist Visa seems to have much more stringent requirements then the old double or triple entry Tourist visas.

Half a million baht is not cheap, but if you value your time and have the cash then I can see how it makes sense. Not having to do Visa runs, deal with immigration and so on, is worth a lot in my book. I'm sure there are guys who will choke on their cornflakes reading your post and be thinking "But that's the equivalent of 500 STs !!"

Good to see your plan coming together. My liver won't be so pleased but never mind.

Elite card certainly seems the way to go for least hassle long term stay's for the under 50's not working.

Glad for the good news you received that eventually led to this decision :)

Congratulations...... and good luck to you as you move toward the next chapter life brings your way........ hope to catch up soon....

Good to see your plan coming together. My liver won't be so pleased but never mind.

Elite card certainly seems the way to go for least hassle long term stay's for the under 50's not working.

Thanks guys... I'm still working through the details at the moment but I'm hoping to have everything finalized by Xmas. There is a possibility however that it'll take longer, which would shift the permanent move out to July. Fingers crossed that won't happen!

Half a million baht is not cheap, but if you value your time and have the cash then I can see how it makes sense. Not having to do Visa runs, deal with immigration and so on, is worth a lot in my book. I'm sure there are guys who will choke on their cornflakes reading your post and be thinking "But that's the equivalent of 500 STs !!"

500K Baht is not cheap from an upfront payment perspective as it ties in cash. However, if you do the math on the cash needed for visa runs when you're on an education or multiple entry tourist visa you'll find that there isn't much difference, bar the cash flow.

Regarding the 500 ST's: I've never been the type of guy that thinks in terms of 'or this or that', my thinking is usually 'and this and that'; which is why I fully intend to do those 500 ST's as well ;)

Edited by Youngone