Sign in to follow this  
ARI23

Dynasty Inn, Sukhumvit Soi4

I have walked past it many times ...always seemed a good option in a great location. Room lay out looks similar to Nana Hotel.

Just realised it’s been over a decade and half since I stayed there. Though I still often pop in for a coffee and sit outside watching the world go by along Soi Nana.

Excellent write up ARI23 The rooms look a lot better than when I stayed there.

The old guy crouching down outside as been hanging around Soi 4 begging for at least two decades that I can remember. 

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

43 minutes ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

The old guy crouching down outside as been hanging around Sou 4 begging for at least two decades that I can remember. 

Hi OTS,

The guy is there every day. He is not annoying. He is simply there.

Like the ladyboys at dusk (maybe not the same lbs than 20 years before).

ARI23 you gave a very fair review of the Dynasty Inn. I usually stay there when I visit Bangkok and I fully agree with your review. I also request a non-smoking room at the back and I very rarely hear any noise from outside. Another good point about staying at the Dynasty Inn is that they operate a daily transport to their sister hotel in Pattaya. The deal used to be that if you stayed at the Dynasty Inn for at least 3 nights then the transport to Pattaya was only 500 Baht, but the last time that I stayed there the transport was free. The electronic safe is fine for storing valuables but is not big enough to take a laptop. There is also an in-house hair dresser on the mezzanine level, that I once saw a ladyboy working there. I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times and I have no complaints.