Sign in to follow this  
Robert.Farang

Returning after 8-year Hiatus

Coming on back to BKK:cabaret:

• 2003-2015-39 trips, as recorded by entry stamps(not counting returning to Bkk side trips to Phnom Penh, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hoi An)
  • 2015-2022 -"0" trips, as dictated by family needs here in USA.
  • 2023(September)-returning to Bangkok as life and COVID have changed.:bum::stiffy:

I need hotel advice for a two week stay. My past choices included the Grand President and the Solitaire (Soi 11),  the old Majestic Grande(now Doubletree, on Soi 2), Citrus (Soi 13), as well as some small places on Soi 8(?) and Soi 22, and a series of comp' stays at  Soi13's Trendy condominium. 

A comfortable bed for pleasure and pleasures,  fitness /pool/breakfast included, and easy access to new and old mongering venues are all preferred. 

Any and all advice, thoughts, and so on would be appreciated.

New Jersey's, formerly Florida's, Robert

I'll be interested to read any recommendations also.

The huge reduction in LB bars at NEP since 2019 and the rise in popularity of CiB and Cindy's bring about a big change in accomodation choices.

For Soi 11 you can’t go past Mercure. Decent sized rooms and good layout, good amenities, the breakfast is OK, the bar is a good spot for people watching, and Cindy’s is directly opposite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Long John said:

Good luck in finding a good bed. Only one that I have found was in Phuket some time ago.

I think beds in Thailand are made as a form of torture. 

Sleep on top your lady friend LJ , especially ones with giant hooters ;) 

19 hours ago, Robert.Farang said:

Coming on back to BKK:cabaret:

• 2003-2015-39 trips, as recorded by entry stamps(not counting returning to Bkk side trips to Phnom Penh, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hoi An)
  • 2015-2022 -"0" trips, as dictated by family needs here in USA.
  • 2023(September)-returning to Bangkok as life and COVID have changed.:bum::stiffy:

I need hotel advice for a two week stay. My past choices included the Grand President and the Solitaire (Soi 11),  the old Majestic Grande(now Doubletree, on Soi 2), Citrus (Soi 13), as well as some small places on Soi 8(?) and Soi 22, and a series of comp' stays at  Soi13's Trendy condominium. 

A comfortable bed for pleasure and pleasures,  fitness /pool/breakfast included, and easy access to new and old mongering venues are all preferred. 

Any and all advice, thoughts, and so on would be appreciated.

New Jersey's, formerly Florida's, Robert

Welcome back Robert … 8 year break wow,  soi 10,11 ,13 should have what your looking for hotel wise and are all close too the action ;)   , have a great trip  , keep us posted 

Just now, Alvin_mask said:

My fave for soi11 is ambassador

Very relaxed joiner policy and great gym + location

2000b gets ya the superior with brekky

Breakfast times sensible/ do- able mate ? 

i found on my on my last trip to bangers Citrus Suites on suk soi 6 to be reasonably priced and comfortable,,,breakfast was average, but closest to WN, few minutes walk to NEP, and handy to CIB and also soi 11(CIndys) also a short walk to NANA Bts..

On 7/7/2023 at 9:01 AM, Robert.Farang said:

On Soi 11, the Solitaire is pretty good. I last stayed there in early 2020 right before Covid struck, and a renovation of the hotel had just been completed. Their beds are gigantic. I don't know what you call that size, but they are noticeably larger than king-size. I had a 3-some there with my girl and Nan from CIB, and we could have easily accommodated a 3rd LB. 

Another option is Radisson Suites on Soi 13. The rooms are large and the housekeeping is meticulous. On the roof is a very good, quiet and uncrowded pool along with a full bar.  Relaxation-wise, you just can't beat a quiet hotel pool with a bar and bartender. The Indian restaurant downstairs serves upscale cuisine with a touch of elegance. I like that place. 

8 hours ago, oliver17 said:

On Soi 11, the Solitaire is pretty good. I last stayed there in early 2020 right before Covid struck, and a renovation of the hotel had just been completed. Their beds are gigantic. I don't know what you call that size, but they are noticeably larger than king-size. I had a 3-some there with my girl and Nan from CIB, and we could have easily accommodated a 3rd LB. 

Another option is Radisson Suites on Soi 13. The rooms are large and the housekeeping is meticulous. On the roof is a very good, quiet and uncrowded pool along with a full bar.  Relaxation-wise, you just can't beat a quiet hotel pool with a bar and bartender. The Indian restaurant downstairs serves upscale cuisine with a touch of elegance. I like that place. 

I checked out the Solitaire. $100.00 AUD for a standard room. $66.00 USD. It is at the end of Soi 11 by the look of it. I guess you would have to ask the girls if they want to trek that far?:D

2 hours ago, Long John said:

I checked out the Solitaire. $100.00 AUD for a standard room. $66.00 USD. It is at the end of Soi 11 by the look of it. I guess you would have to ask the girls if they want to trek that far?:D

I've booked a few nights there for my next trip (end of the year only). Looks promising! And I can guarantee the girls from Cindy's don't mind the walk (since many of them didn't mind the walk to Travelodge (opposite Solitaire) either  :)