OneTrueSaxon

P21 hotel Chiang Mia

Looks alright. I hope the stairs don't take too much out of you.

Do you recall how much it goes for?

I still have 8 days to book in June.

hahaha.. i just noticed the towels on the bed. The hotel surely didn't do that...........................

I can guarantee that OTS would not have done it LOL.

Looks nice hotel and good timing as i am planning another adventure up to C/Mai and then into Lao and along and Mekong - just need to be sure there will be enough water for the boat trip.

What is the name? I wonder if Agoda has it listed yet.

Yes it's on agoda and the price as gone down for this weekend. But that's maybe because I booked a week in advance, as prices go down if not full on the day. That's the reason I got a pay for two nights at Citrus hotel soi 13 get third night free.

Just looked on agoda and screen saved the picture for you.

image.jpg

Thanks OTS, i have just booked this for my first trip to CM in Oct and i got the same price as your screen shot / booked for a 3 night stay.

I take it they will be guest friendly with being in a prime location for the nightlife etc.

Like i said it will be my first time in CM,as i usual do the usual suspects, Phuket / Pattaya / Bangkok and thought to give CM a try, i must admit i was looking at The Raming Lodge with the great reviews but i have seen the pictures and some reviews that the Raming Lodge is getting a bit dated so i am glad there is a new choice near to the Raming Lodge as i believe the location is spot on.

With Thanks

Pat

Edited by pat2004

IMG_1640.JPGIMG_1639.JPG

I stayed here in June after reading OTS review. I stayed here and Maninakorn and I liked P21 much better. New property, friendly staff, maid service will clean you room late if your one that likes to sleep in and er you know. You will want to have there address on hand at airport as most drivers had no clue where it was and had to ask around. It's tucked away in a quit alley which keeps noise levels at a minimum.

I don't think they plan on putting lifts in so that is really the only drawback. It's only 3 floors and a really a pretty small hotel. Conveniently located near nightlife, Night Bizarre, Sunday Night Bizarre, Restaurants, and the moat (Thapae Gate). Another thing I found was a laundry just to the left out the front door of the hotel. Just 30 baht a kilo. Free WiFi, and two computers in the lobby if you don't take a device. I rented a motorbike which you can park right outside the hotels front door. Mini bar is free and has water, juice, and soft drinks.

I guess the best endorsement of P21 is that I'm going back in August and staying there again.

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

IMG_9595.jpg

Just some updates on P21 as I'm staying here now. This time I came alone and when I checked in they asked me if I was alone. I told them at that point I will have a friend joining me in the evening. So when I came home that evening with a ladyboy they took her ID at the desk. Then about 10 minutes after we were in the room the called up telling me it was hotel policy to charge 400 for extra person. I told them I had someone joining me when I checked in and make my reservation for 2 people. They backed right down and apologized but be prepared to pay a joiner fee with them. I think they just try to get it when they can.

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

The rooms are light in color which makes for good photography. They also have some good areas to stage some shots with plenty of desk top space and an alcocove.

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

Just to clarify earlier posts. They do not have a lift. The area that looks like where an lift might have gone is actually restrooms on the first floor near the stairs. I advise to book your room on second floor.

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

It is the end of October and no lifts.... so I'd venture to say they have learned to live without them. As OTS said in the original post "stunning". Staff is friendly and maybe too friendly. When the girl took me to my room I really had to piss. Something was wrong with the key and we could not get in. She kept apologizing and I kept telling her to hurry.

For me there were a few drawbacks:

1) At this price there should be coffee / tea in each room. I booked a level too low to have coffee in my room. (I paid the same price for this hotel as I did the Furama Silom.)

2) Being in construction for years, I just had to wonder why a bathroom wall vent goes directly to the main hallway. This could be a problem after 'too mutt som tum'

3) There should be some sort of handrails in the stairwell.

When I was being dropped off by a tuktuk around 1130pm Wednesday night, several freelance LB were a block or two away around the Starbucks.

Front of P21 Hotel. Na Thapae Hotel is just to the right.

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG