Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo

Marriot on Soi 2 (updated 2013)

I don't think they are going to check what's beneath the underpants of your girl. Just remember it is an upscale hotel so the girl should not be dressed too obviously slutty. But miniskirts are a norm in BKK and for that bunch of seconds to cross the lobby and go to the lifts.

To give you a comparison a friend of mine had an outcall to the Shangri-la (same level) of a girl he earlier picked up in Casanova. I don't think LB's represent an issue in hotels. They might ask the ID as many hotels do, for your own safety.

Edited by scottie1954

Marriott has long been known to charge a joiner fee, thus you never here about BM's using them.

Actually, I've stayed at the JW 5 times and they never charged a joiner fee. I think they are not used often because the hotel has gotten quite expensive.

You would feel very conspicuous bringing a slutily-dressed LB or GG into the lobby. The clientele is mainly business people, and they dress well.

If you are talking about JW Marriott, no they do not charge. But also don't walk in looking guilty, just walk in together as if you have been together long time. They will not risk embarrassing a guest....

I have stayed several times at JW Marriott (last time was last August) and I have never been charged with joiner fees, even when I have taken two LBs together to my room and kept them untill the morning after.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the JWMarriot or the Majestic Grande. I have stayed at the Majestic Grande a few times and they were really good.

Since spring this year Majestic Grande has been my favourite. Rooms are decent (even if you take the normal one), staff is helpful and friendly, breakfast buffet og food and wide quality, nice swimming pool (somebody claims gets soon out of the sun, but the BKK heat still on), if you bring anyone in the late hours of the night (or early morning) security will keep the girl ID's and call you back before she leaves. They didn't bait an eye when I brought in a (LB) FL from Nana, just asked the ID.

You can find rooms at 2700b/night, breakfast incl for 2 at booking.com.

JW is of course far higher (also in price).

Thanks Scottie. Its not the price I am worried about but do you think, JW is more stricter? I have taken LBs to Majestic Grande a few times when I stayed there and they do take the ID sometimes, though I have taken in a couple without ID too.

I have never stayed at JW Marriot and are the rooms better and larger than Majestic Grande? And also is the "walk of LB" a lot longer than Majestic Grande?

Actually, the last time I stayed at the JW I felt like the rooms were starting to show their age. The furniture was getting a bit worn. The rooms vary in size, and I have had some that were huge and others about the size of the average room in the MG.

JW isn't stricter, but it's possible that you will feel less comfortable, as most of the guests are business people, and you see only a handful of other obvious mongers (with GGs or LBs in tow) around the hotel.

I go with the MG these days, but occasionally go over to the JW for one of their restaurants.

I stayed at the JW Marriott in July/August 2013 and they most definitely are guest friendly. I saw guys taking two LBs in with not even a raised eyebrow from the door or reception staff. Once I got over my initial shyness I took LBs and GGs back (at different times in case you start getting excited !)) and never had any issue. If you want to be reasonably discreet , after 11PM or so the left hand door of the main entrance is locked and has no doorman on duty. You can open the door with your room key and bring your guest in with you and you are a whole lobby away from the concierge and reception area. I came in that way a few times and the hotel lobby was quiet and we met no one...not that I really cared but just mentioning it if it was a consideration for someone.

On the hotel itself..I was not paying as I was on a business trip but it's not worth the price if you had to pay yourself. I have seen pictures of rooms from other BM reports that look very nice and they are paying a fraction of the cost of staying here. The pool area is very nice and the gym is good but the rooms are aging a bit and the TVs are pretty old and internet was dog slow. The rooms do have nice big beds with a decent mirror beside them so you can get a good view of your lovely visitor and yourself in action :-)

Actually, I've stayed at the JW 5 times and they never charged a joiner fee. I think they are not used often because the hotel has gotten quite expensive.

If you are talking about JW Marriott, no they do not charge. But also don't walk in looking guilty, just walk in together as if you have been together long time. They will not risk embarrassing a guest....

I have stayed several times at JW Marriott (last time was last August) and I have never been charged with joiner fees, even when I have taken two LBs together to my room and kept them untill the morning after.

I stayed at the JW Marriott in July/August 2013 and they most definitely are guest friendly. I saw guys taking two LBs in with not even a raised eyebrow from the door or reception staff. Once I got over my initial shyness I took LBs and GGs back (at different times in case you start getting excited !)) and never had any issue. If you want to be reasonably discreet , after 11PM or so the left hand door of the main entrance is locked and has no doorman on duty. You can open the door with your room key and bring your guest in with you and you are a whole lobby away from the concierge and reception area. I came in that way a few times and the hotel lobby was quiet and we met no one...not that I really cared but just mentioning it if it was a consideration for someone.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the updates and info fella's. :clap:

It great to have so many responding to the current climate at these digs.

I'll be staying in the Majestic Grande next week. I looked into the JW but the prices really have gotten a bit ridiculous. I have fond (but old) memories of paying $90/night when they first opened. And the place was really cheap during the Asian financial crisis years.

I'll be staying there again late Sept. Last time I was there I got upgraded to a giant suite so I'm hoping for the same luck this trip. It helps to be a MR member, but as has been said previously; its not cheap.

I have stayed at the Aspen Suites further inside the Soi 2. Its a small hotel but the suites go for about 65 dollars sometimes. The suites are nice and big.

Then also till midnight the garage or the parking is open and the side door near the lift is there and you could walk in without having to go through the reception too. They also have never charged me any joiner fees either. They have the regular tuktuk going up and down the Soi.

But I also make sure that when I book a room it is also for 2 people and not a single.