Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo

Lohas Suites Sukhumvit

No, sorry i always use Phachara suites on soi 6 very close to 'guess' and hillary 1, but i would recommend this one if your in doubt a out your choice.

A 1 bedroom suite with breakfast usually set me back about 3000b a night.

No but I can tell you it was an Amari hotel up until recently, as i have stayed in the two hotels next to it. Both last year and this year and it was an Amari hotel then.

They are giving a suite for about 65 dollars per night and usually they say its about 144 dollars. So was wondering how it was. I have stayed at the Aspen Suites and it is very comfortable if you get the junior suites. It was also about the same as 60 to 70 dollars plus breakfast for that for a junior suite at Aspen.

I stayed here for a few nights in November .

Japanese hotel chain and I think this is the first one in Thailand.

The check in took 30 + minutes and this was at 3pm. The desk staff all seemed to be doing at least 2 to 3 jobs at the same time. There was an american arrived after me from the airport and had requested an early check in but his flight was delayed by 3 hours and his room was still not ready. He had a confirmation from the hotel that he could have an early check in.

He was pissed off to say the least!!!!

The room was large with a large king size bed with enough room for 3 I suspect. I only had the one LB with me for my stay .

The hotel is well situated and close to the action at Nana. There is an entrance from Soi 4 as well as Soi 2. The soi 4 entrance does not go past the desk so it would be quite simple to entertain a few lbs at the same time. I dont know if they had a charge for more than 1 guset.

The staff were pleasent and all LB friendly.

The hotel has a roof top pool which is pretty good but there is no bar for drinks etc which would be better.

Hotel Solo which is very close to the Lohas has a smaller pool but with the bar near the pool. Relaxing with your LB by the pool is much

better there.

They are giving a suite for about 65 dollars per night and usually they say its about 144 dollars. So was wondering how it was. I have stayed at the Aspen Suites and it is very comfortable if you get the junior suites. It was also about the same as 60 to 70 dollars plus breakfast for that for a junior suite at Aspen.

That would have been a pretty good price for this property. It's just past Aspen Suites and I Check In on Soi 2. The cut through to Soi 4 is in their parking area. I walked in and asked the price for a room and they said 3,200 baht. I tried to pick up a brochure but they were out and only had ones in Japanese. I saw some Arab families and Japanese in the lobby. I had pretty much ruled this place out do to price, but would be worth trying maybe at the $65 rate.

Entrance Lohas Suites on Soi 2

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4468.jpg

Lohas short cut entrance.

IMG_4469.jpg

I stayed there for a couple of nights 2 years ago. I remember it was a bit of an ordeal getting a taxi at the hotel itself because of its location. You are better off

going out the rear entrance and hiking up Soi 4 a bit to hail a taxi.

And it does cater to Japanese as you said. Even the bathrooms reminded me of those you find in Japanese hotel rooms and room service menu had extensive

Japanese offerings.

Nice review Gympy.

I stayed for a few nights in Lohas suites in January 2016. I booked it about 4 days in advance directly on their website as it was a bit cheaper then agoda. Room was 2,400 Baht per night including all taxes and when I arrived I was upgraded to a one bed suite. In the past my hotels have always been paid for by my company but now I operate independently so I am more concerned about price. I'm sure not staying in the JW Marriott and paying non-corporate rates out of my own pocket.. that's for sure :-)

Overall impression was OK. Reception was friendly and efficient. It clearly caters to a Japanese clientele and most guests I saw were from Japan as far as I could tell. I did not avail of the breakfast so can't comment. As Siam Man has detailed above, it has a main entrance on Soi 2 and it also has a walkway to Soi 4 (it comes out opposite Omni Towers) which was handy when bringing back a guest from Nana or Chaos 9. It's located a few hundred meters down Soi2/Soi4, but it's very walkable even for a LB in heels. Chaos 9 is about 5 minutes walk at LB speed.

There are two blocks and as I was staying in the block nearest Soi 4 I was able to walk in via Soi 4 entrance and into the block I was staying in without coming near reception. In fact I think you could avoid reception even if you stayed in the other block by coming in the same entrance. I usually never bother with getting them to leave IDs if I know the LB I am bringing back. There is a security guard at the Soi 4 entrance but they just wave you through with you guest.

Anyway, some pictures of room. As I said I was upgraded to a one bed suite but it was on 3rd floor so had a crappy view and was quite dark as well. Picture of room.

attachicon.gif20160125_115146.jpg

Decent kitchen area, (there was a washer drier in the bathroom also)

attachicon.gif20160125_115157.jpg

Very little natural light in bedroom but good size and nice bed.

attachicon.gif20160125_115219.jpg

Nice bathroom even though shower was in bath which I hate. Give me a nice walk in shower over a bath any day.

attachicon.gif20160125_115244.jpg

OK pool area on roof. Not a great day (it was actually bloody cold for Bangkok !) so people were wrapped up sitting out by the pool.

attachicon.gif20160125_154652.jpg

So would I stay there again. Yes, if I got the 2400 price I think I would. I noticed that on checkin you can request an upgrade to a room with a balcony (I think they look out on Soi 2) for a small enough extra charge but I was happy to have a 1 bed suite so I didn't ask to look at the other options. Next time I think I would as I like having a balcony and it's useful if you have a LB who wants to smoke staying with you.

Did you take advantage of the suite to organize a ladyboy orgy in it ?

Did you take advantage of the suite to organize a ladyboy orgy in it ?

No, given I am top only (well mostly ) I wouldn't have the stamina ... and I'm not going to pay them to fuck each other !

Actually, I barfined a third of Chaos9 but only one by one :-)