Sign in to follow this  
CanadaVisitor

Leks Last Stand

So I keep reading about this place and would love to go, but after searching high and low for it a few months ago I couldn't find it.

Is it right on Sukhumvit? My maps show it right at the Soi 11 intersection. 

Can anyone give me step by step instructions say from the 7/11 on the corner of Suk and Soi 11?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, Bwana_LB said:

Leks-Last-Stand-Beer-Bar-Sukhumvit-Bangkok.jpg

It is literally steps away from Soi 11 on Sukhumvit. BIG sign!

I'm not sure what the attraction is. Beer is cheap but food is lousy.

If you can't find Lek's @CanadaVisitor, I wonder how on earth you can find a cute girl :D

4 hours ago, CanadaVisitor said:

So I keep reading about this place and would love to go, but after searching high and low for it a few months ago I couldn't find it.

Is it right on Sukhumvit? My maps show it right at the Soi 11 intersection. 

Can anyone give me step by step instructions say from the 7/11 on the corner of Suk and Soi 11?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Just walk from Soi 11 about 30 meters and it is on your left. Has the circular bar in the middle. TV's on the left and right walls. Not quite the stairway to heaven but you climb about 4 steps. :D

Good staff. It is my regular after grabbing a burger just around the corner in Soi 11. They do serve food in there.

They have opened another one a bit further on. Not been in there.

9 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

Leks-Last-Stand-Beer-Bar-Sukhumvit-Bangkok.jpg

It is literally steps away from Soi 11 on Sukhumvit. BIG sign!

I'm not sure what the attraction is. Beer is cheap but food is lousy.

Huh? Don’t know how the hell I missed that!

The only explanation I can think of is that when I turn that corner I only have one thing on my mind…Check In Bar!! And coming back from CIB my head is in the clouds.

7 minutes ago, CanadaVisitor said:

Haha…in my defense there was only one Leks (Now @Long John says there are two), but there are thousands of cute girls!

What you could see at about 4.00am standing on the corner of Soi 11 is the biggest rat you would ever find!. The one I saw was the size of a smallish cat and had half it's hair missing.

Apart from the rat what amazed me was the number of people around at that time of night. Busy as hell. Mind you a lot of them were working girls looking for some income!.

I was filling in an hour or so before I got the taxi to the airport to head home.

1 hour ago, Long John said:

I dont think it is under exactly the same name but by the layout it is obviously owned by the same people.

All it says is “Sports Bar”, iirc 

I have found this now, but haven't stopped in yet.  I did have an "aha" moment. 

The reason I can't remember walking past Leks before is because I probably didn't.  When I'm walking down Soi 11 and am going to go left on Suk I never walk all the way to the corner.  Instead I take the shortcut through the Ambassador to get onto Soi 13 which has considerably less traffic.

Mystery solved.