mikel

Hyatt Regency

Nope stayed in sofitel and mer ure soi11 bothexcellent

Also spentonenight in pullman asoke wich was a bit of a deception short staff and not to the expected standards

Yes I stayed at Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit in July. Had stayed there back in 2019 as well.

I highly recommend it. Everything you need within a few blocks. It is on the corner of Soi 13 and less than 100 meters walk to Soi 11 and Nana BTS station just after that. Heaps of restaurants, beer bars and ofcourse Check In Bar only 280 meters walk away or short stumble back. There is an overpass over Sukhumvit which takes you straight into Hyatt Regency Level 1 but you have to go back down to Lobby to get up to the rooms.

I spent 7 nights there and did not venture more than 280 meters away ;) well i did get down to Nana Entertainment area too which is only 6 minutes walk.

No dramas bringing guests back to your room. No questions asked.

Buffet breakfast was very busy when i was there but still could get a table each morning. Big thumbs up for the swimming pool on level 6.

The rooftop bar Spectrum Lounge is pretty cool for expensive drinks and great view. I visited there in 2019 but not in 2022.

Swimming pool at Hyatt Regency.jpg

16 hours ago, mikel said:

Anyone stayed here post covid? Keen to hear any opinion pre or post pandemic although recent stays would be most useful.

i stayed about 1 month ago and also stayed many times prior to Covid.

No change what so ever. Everything exactly the same apart from the breakfast buffet were they ask you to wear a mask (however this is still the norm in most hotels i have stayed)

That was a month ago, im not sure if that is still the requirement now.

Edited by AlphaRevolution
added

Yup...that's pretty damn impressive. 6800 is more than I would personally want to spend, but if you can afford it, why not?

Interesting about the girls thoughts on it.  I wonder what their reaction would be if they knew the actual cost!

On 8/20/2023 at 1:17 AM, CanadaVisitor said:

Yup...that's pretty damn impressive. 6800 is more than I would personally want to spend, but if you can afford it, why not?

Interesting about the girls thoughts on it.  I wonder what their reaction would be if they knew the actual cost!

I assume that they would know the rough cost...even if you stay in a small boutique hotel, I doubt if they care a damn as long as it is clean and has all the essentials. I expect their main concern is how much you are going to give them......especially if you stay in a 6800++ room.