Boomerang

Iphone7 & iphone7 plus ( this is not an android vs ios thread )

Mine arrived yesterday. I upgraded from a 6s. The 7 has a matte black finish. I think it looks pretty sharp. The hoo-haw about the home button radically changing seems to be total BS. It still functions pretty much the same way as previous versions with fingerprint activation, but still needs to be pressed to move between apps. I can't tell any difference myself.

The thing you notice immediately is the improved display. it's much brighter with more vividness in the colors. I really like the display upgrade.

I was playing music on it last night and it seemed to be chewing through the battery charge at a faster clip than on my old iPhone. It does come with an adapter for your headphones to be used with the lightning jack. I haven't tried out the earbuds that came with the phone.

I took a few pics with the camera, but not enough of them to form an opinion about its abilities. It too is supposed to be an improvement from previous versions.

I haven't dropped it into water yet to see if it really is waterproof. I will take Apple's word for it.

The setup went smoothly and everything transferred from the old phone with no issues.

If you are moving up from an IPhone 5 or 6, I would recommend getting this phone. If you currently have a 6s, you should probably just save the money for your next ladyboy expedition.

72E891D8-4EAB-4808-96C0-A64B47BD5D96.JPG

2C38C0DB-DEE3-4FEC-A0D0-7A6E7015298C.JPG

FDD19499-6363-4596-883E-B354151248BE.JPG

Thanks Oliver . I am moving up from the 5 , so i imagine a substantial improvement ..

There are some reports of a "hissing" sound emitting from the 7plus when its under load ( not sure about 7) . Not sure if it effects all or just a few faulty ones at this stage . Will monitor the various forums though prior to purchasing .

The stats of the iphone7 plus are pretty impressive in my opinion & im keen on getting thats for sure .

I have a question about the charging and headphone jack. Being it is now the same can you only do one or the other or both at the same time?

You can only do one or the other. Of course, there are splitter adapters available allowing you to listen and charge at the same time. The one I saw was a Belkin model for an obscene $39. I think I will pass on that. I am also not interested in investing in wireless headphones right now.

The adapter that comes with the phone works fine. You cannot discern any difference in headphone sound while using it.

Ive had an iPhone 7 well over a year with no problems. Now it will work as it should for hours or even a day or two, but then suddenly it becomes uncontrollable touchscreen-wise. Scrolling stops, jumps between pages, normal shutoff impossible, but I can do a hard reboot, which usually fixes the problem for at least a few hours. I keep the cache clean and all updates are complete through ios 11.1.1. Any advice? I am on the ground in Bangers near Nanacan anyone recommend a good repair shop? Thanks

Ive had an iPhone 7 well over a year with no problems. Now it will work as it should for hours or even a day or two, but then suddenly it becomes uncontrollable touchscreen-wise. Scrolling stops, jumps between pages, normal shutoff impossible, but I can do a hard reboot, which usually fixes the problem for at least a few hours. I keep the cache clean and all updates are complete through ios 11.1.1. Any advice? I am on the ground in Bangers near Nanacan anyone recommend a good repair shop? Thanks

At Terminal 21 on the very top floor near the movie theaters there is a phone repair shop / accessory store. It's catty-corner from the movie theater and a fairly good sized place. Last year ladyboy JJ's Iphone looked like it had been through a nuclear war with smashed screen and software issues. I thought it was a lost cause, but they fixed it good as new within a couple of hours for about 1200 baht as I recall. There are also several dedicated phone shops for all of the Thai phone companies on the top floor as well.

Never come across that prob ,, shouldn’t imagine its major .

Backup your phone and do a complete reset of your phone. Settings -> Erase -> Erase all content and settings.

Once your device is wiped and the OS is reinstalled, if you still experience issues, you can pretty much conclude that its a hardware issue. I agree with Boomerang that it sounds like a major problem, but it also could be due to you installing a corrupt app or screensaver or anything that modifies the OS. Cache is definitely not the issue.

Backup your phone and do a complete reset of your phone. Settings -> Erase -> Erase all content and settings.

Once your device is wiped and the OS is reinstalled, if you still experience issues, you can pretty much conclude that its a hardware issue. I agree with Boomerang that it sounds like a major problem, but it also could be due to you installing a corrupt app or screensaver or anything that modifies the OS. Cache is definitely not the issue.

Thanks. I always keep it fully backed up to thd cloud and the only thing that has been stopping me from doing the complete reset is the fairly slow wifi download speed in my hotel or other venues around the Nans area where i hang. I just may have to bite the bullet and do it. Really is the only way to eliminate or confirm hardware issues.