conan111

Advice needed - Nana

Looking for a hotel with pool, in room safe, toilet hose and near NEP.

Can't seem to find anything.

Majestic looks nice, but expensive.

Edited by conan111

Try Dawin. There is everything you need, except the toilet hose. However, you can screw off the shower and this way get a good replacement.

Screw off the shower

No thanks

It's a shame bacause Dawin has is all.

Location, pool, in room safe and no hassle like joner fee etc.

I like clean LB's.

Edited by conan111

In that case, you could see if Grand Sukhumvit (formerly Sofitel) Soi 6 will do 2,600 per night. They often have promotion to way below 2000, but will still do an 'early bird' rate of around 2400-2500. Normal rate is around the 2800-3000.

Once booked, try and get a free upgrade to the suites. I've stayed many times and have been upgraded every time.

Probably the best hotel for location and value I have ever stayed at in Bangkok.

No joiners and multiple guests at a time not a problem ;)

In that case, you could see if Grand Sukhumvit (formerly Sofitel) Soi 6 will do 2,600 per night. They often have promotion to way below 2000, but will still do an 'early bird' rate of around 2400-2500. Normal rate is around the 2800-3000.

Once booked, try and get a free upgrade to the suites. I've stayed many times and have been upgraded every time.

Probably the best hotel for location and value I have ever stayed at in Bangkok.

No joiners and multiple guests at a time not a problem ;)

Thank you LYLT

Looks good

But i saw this on tripadvisor

" the pool area is fairly compact, but there's always a lounger available. There's little or no sun so sun lovers would be disappointed."

Can you confirm?

Edited by conan111

Majestic Suites has good rooms from 1300 Baht upwards and has everything except the pool..but you can use the one at the Majestic Grande I think. Ask them if and when you look to book.

As the pool seems important to you forget the Majestic Grande. Slimy,small and no sun.

You should consider the Dyansty Grande in Soi 6. Good pool with sun between about 11 am and 2 pm. Second guest is 500 bht though.

Try Dawin. There is everything you need, except the toilet hose. However, you can screw off the shower and this way get a good replacement.

so bullseye, would you say that sex with ladyboys is the mother of all invention?

when i was in NYC, where there is never one of those unless it was on the kitchen sink (and i'm not tall enough to reach there :o ) i would use an enema bag.

a large enema bag is about 10 USD in any good pharmacy and it does the trick. most come with a set of tips and one is for douching (thus the term douche bag?). i keep it in my luggage when i travel too. you never know when your going to get the urge to submit and bark like a dog.

Edited by bkkladyboy

Yeah the Trip Advisor report is correct about timing the shade issue thing at Gran Suk Soi 6. I never had a major issue with this though as it was always lovely and warm out there.

The pool is big enough for an outdoor cosmopolitan hotel though I reckon.

Bel-Aire Princess soi 5 has it all, but they also have 1000b joiner fee.

Thank you gazz469!

I didn't know that.

Will send them an email.

Edited by conan111

Check expedia.com ... I landed the Landmark - right around the corner from Soi 4 - for $66 / night ... great pool and nice rooms. I'm not sure about being guest-friendly for LB's since I had a GG at that point in my trip.

I stayed at Dawin for 4 nights and really liked it there ... across the street is Heaven@4 and it looks really nice but no pool there. I'm going for a Residence Apt next trip in March ... stay for 2-3 months working remotely from CA.

DIG on Soi 6, as Dawin, does not have the hose.

DIG acronym is for ?

Any recommendations for a residence apartment down by the river (but still close to SkyTrain)?

Citadines 11 looks nice ...

As does Woraburi on Soi 4 ...

http://www.woraburi.com/woraburisukhumvit/gallery.html

Anyone have any info on this place? Joiner fees?

Or any other areas people suggest for an extended stay? I wouldn't mind getting a little ways away from Nana area ... just as long as I can get there quickly :-) ... some place close to the SkyTrain so I can take the Airport Link in ... did this last time on my first trip with no problems ... Dawin Hotel was nice (then the Landmark) but a little too close ...

I'll be taking long weekend trips to the beaches so won't be stuck in bkk the whole time.

Edited by Beachlife

As does Woraburi on Soi 4 ...

http://www.woraburi.com/woraburisukhumvit/gallery.html

Anyone have any info on this place? Joiner fees?

I stayed here only by channce 5 years ago. I wanted some place close to Nana which it is, less than a mile down Soi 4. Its a lot more quite down that way. I went through an internet travel agent and prepaid 1,000 baht a night for 2 nights, which included a welcome drink, a complimentary breakfast. I tried to get additional nights after I arrived but they were asking 1400 baht a night so I moved to a Guest house down the road.

The rooms are quite ordinary and a bit small. The location was the strong suit. Good for a 1,000 a night, but for 1,400 I would rather pay a bit more and get something nicer, otherwise I just stay ina guest house for 700 baht thats even closer and put my savings into LB's. I think you will find almost all places along Soi 4 are LB friendly including the Woraburi. they may have nicer rooms for different payment scales, but my room was pretty average.