Sign in to follow this  
SAGuy

Sripanna Hotel and Resort, Chiang Mai

I cant find a dedicated folder for Chiang Mai so have added this hotel report here.

So somewhere along the line on my Sep-19 trip to BKK, a plan was hatched to go and visit Chiang Mai (CNX).

Poes and Nam from WN Bar plus 5 LBs and myself flew up there for 2 nights and Mrs Poes booked us into the Sripanna.

Great choice Nam!

A really nice hotel and as its on the outskirts of the city, it feels like a real resort, but is only about 10 minutes into the CBD.

It was about THB 2,000 per night inclusive for 2 per room and the rooms were 5 star and very large. In fact the bathrooms alone were larger than a typical BKK hotel room!

What was great was that the rooms had adjoining doors to the next room, which was EXCELLENT, but that's another story...

I missed both breakfasts, but we did have dinner there one night when Poes was feeling under the weather with the Aztec Two-step. The food for lunch and dinner is buffet style and not bad at all. I often find with LBs, a buffet is the best approach, rather than a la carte!

I had calls to take/make on both days so had to miss some of the daytime activities, but the girls enjoyed the spa very much. I think its THB 2,200 for 2 hours. I jokingly told them to book 1 session and take turns of 20 minutes each, but I guess they saw through that one.

They have a free shuttle service into town, which is a van, but it ends at 20.00. I don't remember much of either return journey, except that it involved tuk tuks and crowding!

The service is as to be expected from a 5 star establishment, so THB 2,000 is a very good deal booked via Agoda.

Its a busy conference venue so lunch times were busy with conference attendees, but the restaurant is big and has enough capacity to handle all attendees and guests.

There were a few small Chinese tour buses, but they didn't cause any problems at all.

Would I stay at the Sripanna again?

Most definitely, especially just for the 'sleep walking' activities...

SAG