Sign in to follow this  
SAGuy

Citrus Suites Sukhumvit Soi 11

On my last trip to BKK in Sep-19 I was on tour with BGSC who had booked this hotel for about 4 nights.

Rather than complicate matters, I did the same.

There's pros and cons to Citrus Soi 11

The location is a bit too far if its raining or particularly hot. Its not actually on soi 11 as we know it, its down at the very end, turn left and then right and then left again. Its about 150 metres down the sub soi that runs between soi 11 and soi 3. Traffic at that intersection can be a real bottleneck.

They do have a tuk tuk, but its not on call and so only runs on the hour. Saying that, BGSC and I did turn it into a pick up tuk tuk one day when it was raining quite hard.

The rooms are what to be expected for a sub THB 2,000 hotel.

Breakfast was OK, but I only made it 50% of the time. 

Their target market is Indian sub-continentals and Arabs. So be ready for lots of milling and hanging around lifts and the reception area. Why do people go to BKK and then spend half their time hanging around hotels is beyond me? Maybe its an alternative to spending money?

About 50% of the breakfast buffet was targeted at their market, which makes sense, but is a limitation for farangs who don't fancy a curry for breakfast after a long night out on the ale.

The breakfast area is interesting. There is an enclosed space and then a terraced area and another area by the coffee bar. A number of them had made the enclosed area into a Saudi-style males only area and so families sat elsewhere.

Obviously I took great delight in sitting in the unofficial males-only area with my LB guest, which was great fun.

So in summary. Great value, clean and functional.

Would I repeat?

No. So after the 4-5 nights and a 2-nighter in PAT I then returned to BKK and checked into Citrus Soi 13.

One other tip - I booked via Agoda, but if you book directly with them they offer better rates and also free upgrades etc. So that's worth a test if you want to stay at a Citrus establishment.

Cheers

SAG

1 hour ago, SAGuy said:

On my last trip to BKK in Sep-19 I was on tour with BGSC who had booked this hotel for about 4 nights.

Rather than complicate matters, I did the same.

There's pros and cons to Citrus Soi 11

The location is a bit too far if its raining or particularly hot. Its not actually on soi 11 as we know it, its down at the very end, turn left and then right and then left again. Its about 150 metres down the sub soi that runs between soi 11 and soi 3. Traffic at that intersection can be a real bottleneck.

They do have a tuk tuk, but its not on call and so only runs on the hour. Saying that, BGSC and I did turn it into a pick up tuk tuk one day when it was raining quite hard.

The rooms are what to be expected for a sub THB 2,000 hotel.

Breakfast was OK, but I only made it 50% of the time. 

Their target market is Indian sub-continentals and Arabs. So be ready for lots of milling and hanging around lifts and the reception area. Why do people go to BKK and then spend half their time hanging around hotels is beyond me? Maybe its an alternative to spending money?

About 50% of the breakfast buffet was targeted at their market, which makes sense, but is a limitation for farangs who don't fancy a curry for breakfast after a long night out on the ale.

The breakfast area is interesting. There is an enclosed space and then a terraced area and another area by the coffee bar. A number of them had made the enclosed area into a Saudi-style males only area and so families sat elsewhere.

Obviously I took great delight in sitting in the unofficial males-only area with my LB guest, which was great fun.

So in summary. Great value, clean and functional.

Would I repeat?

No. So after the 4-5 nights and a 2-nighter in PAT I then returned to BKK and checked into Citrus Soi 13.

One other tip - I booked via Agoda, but if you book directly with them they offer better rates and also free upgrades etc. So that's worth a test if you want to stay at a Citrus establishment.

Cheers

SAG

SAG, You do surprise me...I thought you would quite fancy a curried breakfast!  I am still hopeful of introducing you into the delights of the Nana Hotel!

6 minutes ago, taaseesanuk said:

SAG, You do surprise me...I thought you would quite fancy a curried breakfast!  I am still hopeful of introducing you into the delights of the Nana Hotel!

Nana Hotel is on the list Taas, even if its just to tick the box!

I love history and that place is wall to wall stories.

Cheers

SAG