Sign in to follow this  
MortenXL

Narathiwas residence @ Saithorn

Figured i'd make a pass at staying off the beaten hotel tracks next weekend, and found the Narathiwas Residence at Saithorn. Not exactly walking distance to sukhumvit, but in the land of the 70bt motorcycle taxis Saithorn is not that far from Sukhumvit. Silom and patpong is actually closer though.

A 72 sq m one bedroom serviced appartment at a little above bt2000 is an acceptable deal in my book, so all is booked and ready for my arrival. Premises looks absolutely fantastic.

On second thought, its always wise to scope out reviews but could not find any, so i guess i've appointed myselfthe guineapig. Unless, of course, any forum members have stayed there but forgot to post.

Ill post my review as soon as have more to tell

Unless im looking at the wrong website , the 2000b room is 42sq m , the 75sq is 2600b . Prices change all the time though i guess. Looks pretty good :)

Edited by aussierod77

Like it. Big fan of the extra space - more relaxing. Contrast with MajSuites which has great location but too small for more than a couple of nights. Will check this out for sure.

Top Tip

To get to Sukhumvit from Narathiwas head away from Silom then go North on Ratchaprasedik, brings you out South Side of Asoke and misses out all the downtown traffic.

There are quicker short cuts down the back Soi's which I take, but hell I have lived in the area for over 23 years now so sort of know my way around.

I must admit i have some ulterior motives for selecting Saithorn area, a few of my LB friends live in the Saithorn area, hopefully i wont spend 5 days alone on 72sqm :-)

Cant believe how slow all days passes now, waiting for my departure Norway on Wed next week. And this is also the first time i'm going to LOS without having had intensive business trip work-weeks before and after, or even when there. I need this break, period.

I must admit i have some ulterior motives for selecting Saithorn area, a few of my LB friends live in the Saithorn area, hopefully i wont spend 5 days alone on 72sqm :-)

Cant believe how slow all days passes now, waiting for my departure Norway on Wed next week. And this is also the first time i'm going to LOS without having had intensive business trip work-weeks before and after, or even when there. I need this break, period.

Im hearing you re:- how slow the days pass

I must admit i have some ulterior motives for selecting Saithorn area,

Morten my friend,

Most Patpong gals live East of Sathorn around Suan Phlu area , trust me I know I own and rent out 4 apartments to them, good tenants

East of Saithorn is exactly my experience too, having been invited home to them both a few times. Doesnt necessarily just apply to the Patpong girls either, as i regular around the Sukhumvit area most girls i meet there also seems to reside in that general direction.

However, one "lost" cabbie told me i should not hang araound in that area as it was not safe for tourists. Police raids, robberies, drug abuse seemed to be his objection of the area (especially Suan Plu). I must admit Suan Plu neghborhood where Katay lives looks a bit worse for wear, but i dont feel unsafe and the ppl in the neighborhood have never given me any bad vibes. The neighborhood around Narathiwas looks completely different though, more upscale and posh (checking it out on google earth).

Morten

Suan Phlu has 2 sides, the odd numbered soi's i.e. the market side is nearly as rough as my home city where as the even numbered side is affordable middle class district.

The odd side is all family owned and operated, the market the tuk tuks and motocycs the Thai Mafia or Koh Lang Wang (thiefs behind the palace) where you think my board handle comes from :D

The big dick is my wifes uncle, his sister (My mother in law) is the loan shark, Bro in Law is the Debt collector and Mrs KLW is the family Lawyer, it's an amazing place

Funny, Katay lives just a 5 min motorbikeride away. But jane has moved, doesnt live close. Anyway, Shes here, as well as her friend Meena. Not really threesome, more like two LB's in series.

Anyway, good to be back, ill snap some pics and post tomorrow

Right, finally got down to the writeup. Nothing much to complain about on the rooms, great livingroom, huge bedroom, good kitchen (if i need it for other things than using fridge). Nice bathroom, though tiny compared to the other rooms. The pic with the dark corridor is leading to the bathroom.

Biggest issue is location, i find myself going to soi4 at least a couple of time a day, sometimes motorbike is Bt70, but i've also had Bt150 motorcycle rides. Did a small walkabout of Patpong yesterday, but i cant find any fascination left in me for that area. Nana/Asoke is just much more homely.

Soo..conclusion: Great hotel, but way outside my places of interest. Looking for a alternative for the remainer of my stay.

Actually, going to Saithorn from here isnt all that shorter than going to Saithorn from Nana...Obviously dependent of where at Saithorn!

P1310016.JPG

P1310022.JPG

P1310020.JPG

P1310024.JPG

P1310017.JPG

Edited by MortenXL

Thanks Morten ,,, the location would suck for me .. I like to be right where the action is :)

Rod,

One of these days you may learn, this is where the action is at, just because the gurlz work Nana / Sukhumvit etc does not mean that they live there, Suan Phlu, Narwatiwas, Thung Maha Mek, Yen Akart etc is Ladyboy central, there are more bolt ons per Square Meter in this district than anywhere else in the world, great district.

Rod,

One of these days you may learn, this is where the action is at, just because the gurlz work Nana / Sukhumvit etc does not mean that they live there, Suan Phlu, Narwatiwas, Thung Maha Mek, Yen Akart etc is Ladyboy central, there are more bolt ons per Square Meter in this district than anywhere else in the world, great district.

Fair enough ,, but when i am in bkk i am on holiday :) . Therefore i want to be close to everything not just the ladyboys

Back on the beaten track again, I am now installed at Royal President . About 30% cheaper per night, 4 star, at Sukhumvit Soi 15.

Backside: Standard 30-35 sqM hotel room, compared to the real estate in the Narathivas rooms this is tiny but more the norm in hotel accomodation.

Plus side: No narrow corridor to bathroom, and twice as big , AND its got a bathtub. I could do with a soak after a night with Jane at Narathiwas.

P2010036.JPG

P2010046.JPG

P2010048.JPG

The rest of my trip-report was never completed as my laptop got stolen at Oslo Airport shortly after my return. Never had time to start writing again, and i reckon it would be old news by now.

Plan is to return for Songkran 2015, unfortunately my new employer has made a habit of screwing up my plans, so I make no wagers as to whether the current plan is successful or not. All I can do is to keep my fingers crossed.