Youngone

Hilton Sukhumvit 24

This is one section I'm really hoping to build up and update as it often provides the most help for BM's coming to BKK. We need reviews on all price levels and it;s good to know some of these higher price hotels that cater to business persons are guest friendly.

I hope other BM's will follow suit and provide new reviews or even updating an existing thread.

Happy to oblige Siam Man:)

I'm a HHonors diamond member, so due to perks like automatic room upgrades and lounge access I try to stay mostly in Hilton hotels across the world when I travel. When I saw the new Hilton on Sukhumvit soi 24 ( not to be confused with the Hilton Double Tree on soi 26) being constructed I promised myself a stay there once it was complete, which is exactly what I did last November. I booked a King Deluxe room for 8 nights and was upgraded upon check-in to a 1 bedroom suite.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/thailand/hilton-sukhumvit-bangkok-BKKSUHI/index.html

First impressions:

The hotel is huge and came across as a bit sterile, probably due to its newness. Very friendly staff, with good English and a rapid check-in system, which cannot be said about all 5 star hotels in BKK; the JW Marriott on soi 2 for example is notoriously slow when checking in or out.

Location: 3 minute walk from Phrom Phong BTS and the Emporium shopping mall is diagonally across the street.

Swimming Pool & Gym: the pool and gym are relatively small which is not the impression you get when looking at the pictures on their website. If you are looking for sun it's also not ideal as the pool is located on the side of the hotel that doesn't get much sunshine, that also causes the water to be quite cold. Very friendly staff around though.

Room: Beautifully decorated and very spacious room, as can be expected from a 1 bedroom suite in a 5 star property. The living room has a comfortable sofa and working desk, as well a great senseo coffee machine. The bedroom has a massive king size bed with a very comfortable mattress and an ensuite huge bathroom with rainshower and Jacuzzi. The toilet is one of the fancy new Japanese ones with heated seats and an automatic bum cleaner.

Negative: on my first night I came out of the shower, walked into the bedroom and almost stepped on a giant cockroach, which is not to be expected in a 5 star property.

Some pics from the pool area and from the living room. Please excuse the GG in the pics, I succumbed to her charms whilst I frequented Baccara in Soi Cowboy and was slightly intoxicated :rolleyes:

Hilton pool 1.JPG

Hilton pool 2.JPG

Wen 5.JPG

Wen 4.JPG

Wen 3.JPG

Looks good but a shame about the pool - I find a relaxing day in the sun with a bikini clad lb a fantastic hangover cure. (The post-breakfast vodka and orange helps too).

Youngone, I used to stay in the Hiltons a long time back but have stopped for sometime. How are they now? I mean the service. I used to find them a bit stuck up and that's the main reason why I stopped staying in the Hiltons. And of course the price rocketed high in the past few years.

Is it value for the price you pay?

I am still HH member, and if good maybe I should start staying there again.

Youngone, I used to stay in the Hiltons a long time back but have stopped for sometime. How are they now? I mean the service. I used to find them a bit stuck up and that's the main reason why I stopped staying in the Hiltons. And of course the price rocketed high in the past few years.

Is it value for the price you pay?

I am still HH member, and if good maybe I should start staying there again.

I found the service at the new Hilton on soi 24 very courteous and the staff treated my LB & GG guests equally polite. Generally speaking you kind of get what you pay for, although at certain times the price is too high and not value for money. The charges for room service and mini bar beverages are outrageous in my opinion, but it's up to you whether you use those services or not; I tend to buy drinks at a nearby 7/11 and stock the mini bar with those.

Overall I'm OK with the room charges compared to the size and comfort levels of the rooms when it comes to this particular property. I can't say the same about the Hilton in Pattaya though, where I find the room charges ridiculously high when compared to the rooms.