Sign in to follow this  
lotusguy

Centara grand mirage beach resort

Just tried booking through my usual people at flight centre who are great, to take the kids and mrs lotus on a family holiday in October for a few weeks , the wankers at Centara grand mirage beach resort , said due to the mrs been a ladyboy we had to pay another $112 per night , flight centre told them we are a family of four etc but the wankers would not budge :-(

Pissed of today

Just tried booking through my usual people at flight centre who are great, to take the kids and mrs lotus on a family holiday in October for a few weeks , the wankers at Centara grand mirage beach resort , said due to the mrs been a ladyboy we had to pay another $112 per night , flight centre told them we are a family of four etc but the wankers would not budge :-(

Pissed of today

Sorry to hear that. In this day and age their is still a lot of prejudice around. Tell them they have lost the booking and look elsewhere

Where is that hotel at Lotus?

You would think they would be more accepting especially when accompanied by farang and kids. With tourism numbers down one would also think they would be more flexible in order to get your business. Here you are trying to take a family vacation and they insist on there policy designed to protect familys. Funny how more money makes them more accepting..bastards.

i don't imagine to many have tried to take ladyboys to this place, but it always good to flag the non-Lb friendly Hotels and resorts.

Pattaya mate , just looked a amazing family place , for which we are , only mentioned it to my travel agent because of how mrs lotus was treated at a restaraunt last time in patts.

The hotel is full of Russian and Middle Eastern guests by all account. Not sure if that would bother you but aside from the policy + that mix of guests, I think I would look elsewhere. Perhaps the Centara on Trat or Koh Chang. Not as glamorous pool areas but much better beach.

Thanks chaps , thinking of hua hin and Bangkok , for jays family to meet the children so if anyone has a ideas for family hotels with big pools would appreciate the info.

Thanks chaps , thinking of hua hin and Bangkok , for jays family to meet the children so if anyone has a ideas for family hotels with big pools would appreciate the info.

I stayed in the Ibis in Hua Hin just the other week and it was spot on with a big pool.

The assistant general manager at the Amari is one of us too. A good lad from Brisbane , who went with one of Michelle's friends one night. Might be an other option

am booked at the hilton hua hin in early may ,,got a very good deal too ,,not sure if there are lb friendly but can say lb's frequent the nightclub on the ground floor so it may be worth a try ,,,,,,,PM me Lotus if you want to find out how i got it for under $100 per night :)

Suprised flight centre couldn`t put pressure on them, ie they should be blacklisting that hotel in the future or else they are actually complicit in the discrimination as they would not be allowed to do that in nz.