chukarman

Night Hotel Sukhumvit 15

Looking for accommodation but checked out the prices for this hotel.

Start at 2700 and go up

For the life of me I see no reason to pay that sort of money to shag an lb

1000b would be tops. Paying 2700b means that after 2 nights you have paid 3400 extra which would pay for a lb and bf.

I must be a cheapskate!. I have also stayed at hotels when not mongering, to see how good they really were, and paid about 34000b. But with gold plated taps etc, I could see why they were that price. Not for taking lbs to and shagging them.

I just want a good bed and a bathroom!

Mind you finding a good bed in BKK is not always easy. Sometimes the floor is softer:Yuk:

@Long John perhaps we have different tastes (and/or just different budgets), but I have now stayed at the Night Hotel twice during this trip and been very happy with the experience both times. The quality of the room and other facilities is very good. Especially to my American sensibilities, where a comparable hotel in a major city would cost probably 4x as much. I enjoy a little bit of luxury when vacationing, especially when my money goes so far here. I don't know what you're getting for 1000 THB, but I suspect it's not the kind of place I'd want to stay.

I also suspect you are not finding the best deals. For my two stays, my average nightly right has been 53 USD (about 1850 THB). That's about a third less than the amount you quoted above. 

2 hours ago, errickssonje said:

@Long John perhaps we have different tastes (and/or just different budgets), but I have now stayed at the Night Hotel twice during this trip and been very happy with the experience both times. The quality of the room and other facilities is very good. Especially to my American sensibilities, where a comparable hotel in a major city would cost probably 4x as much. I enjoy a little bit of luxury when vacationing, especially when my money goes so far here. I don't know what you're getting for 1000 THB, but I suspect it's not the kind of place I'd want to stay.

I also suspect you are not finding the best deals. For my two stays, my average nightly right has been 53 USD (about 1850 THB). That's about a third less than the amount you quoted above. 

Of course we have different tastes. The price I quoted for the Night Hotel was what I got off Booking .com and I am a level 3 member so get good prices from them. There was only 1 type of room available. Maybe it was better than the one you book?.

I stay at the Grand Business Inn in Soi 11and a Premier suite suits me fine. Very large room with dressing area and large bathroom. Good restaurant and the only thing it lacks is a pool.

I did cock up on the pricing of Grand Business Inn. It is 1800b a night with breakfast for 2 for the Premier Room. For that hotel I book direct and get a slightly cheaper rate and breakfast thrown in. Nothing like taking a sleepy eyed lb into the restaurant in the morning. It stirs the other patrons up!.:hubbahubba:

Very friendly staff especially the main man in the lobby. He knows me well now and we always have a good chat. It is in a great position, handy to everything.

I do get frustrated when people compare rates in other countries/cities. You are booking a hotel in BKK, not LA or New York. I have stayed in some less than quality places in the US and paid good money.

The 34000b a night hotel I stayed in was The Burj Al Arab in Dubai. Cant imagine taking a lb to that one!.

By the way I am thinking of booking a condo for a few nights. I did it last trip and booked through airbnb of which I am a member.

Also what does the term American sensibilities mean?. Is that North or South America?. Or maybe the US or Argentinia?.:lol:

Posted (edited)

Posted this on the sister site but thought I'd copy it across:

Currently staying at Night Hotel for a total of 6 nights.

I was a big fan of the Adelphi on Soi 8 for many years, but over recent times the price has gradually gone up and up to the point where I started to feel they were taking the piss. Night Hotel is much better value for money.

Night Hotel has 2 buildings, with the Pool / Gym in one and the restaurant in the other. I'm not sure if there's any real difference. My daily rate includes breakfast, which I can recommend, but if you need to pay separately, they're asking 450 baht which personally I wouldn't go for. I've got a Gold King room, which is a good size and nice. I read somewhere that the Bronze rooms are very small, so don't book those. I find the bed hard (aren't all Thai beds!) But the friendly staff will get you a mattress topper to help. My other observation is that the hotel guests are more mixed than the usual monger places. Lots of Europeans at breakfast and mostly couples. 

Visitors are not a problem, although the Front Desk don't call your room when she leaves. 

Walk to Terminal 21 / Asoke BTS is 400m and less than 10 minutes.7-11 is 3 minutes away and there's a laundry up the road.

Negatives? Mainly minor:

1. The rooms are a little claustrophobic for me, mainly due to low ceilings and no balcony. 

2. When I travel, I like to plug in a Firstick to the TV but the HDMI ports are unreachable in my room :-(

3. The bed frame is metal and I've taken serious chunks out of both of my legs - including blood! In fact all the room furniture has metal edges, which isn't great.

4. The thermostat in the shower needs fixing as the temperature varies considerably as you shower. It's a common problem I've encountered in almost all Thai hotels.

I'm leaving soon and would potentially come back, but for my next BKK visit I've booked the Solitaire at the bottom of Soi 11. That's after checking my usual suspects - Citrus Suites, Phachara Suites, Dynasty Grande on Soi 6.  I've stayed at Solitaire before and enjoyed it. A long walk to Nana Plaza, but do-able.

P.S. I've found it to be a quiet hotel, even on New Years Eve!

Edited by Bristol1

On 12/15/2023 at 7:55 AM, Long John said:

Of course we have different tastes. The price I quoted for the Night Hotel was what I got off Booking .com and I am a level 3 member so get good prices from them. There was only 1 type of room available. Maybe it was better than the one you book?.

I stay at the Grand Business Inn in Soi 11and a Premier suite suits me fine. Very large room with dressing area and large bathroom. Good restaurant and the only thing it lacks is a pool.

I did cock up on the pricing of Grand Business Inn. It is 1800b a night with breakfast for 2 for the Premier Room. For that hotel I book direct and get a slightly cheaper rate and breakfast thrown in. Nothing like taking a sleepy eyed lb into the restaurant in the morning. It stirs the other patrons up!.:hubbahubba:

Very friendly staff especially the main man in the lobby. He knows me well now and we always have a good chat. It is in a great position, handy to everything.

I do get frustrated when people compare rates in other countries/cities. You are booking a hotel in BKK, not LA or New York. I have stayed in some less than quality places in the US and paid good money.

The 34000b a night hotel I stayed in was The Burj Al Arab in Dubai. Cant imagine taking a lb to that one!.

By the way I am thinking of booking a condo for a few nights. I did it last trip and booked through airbnb of which I am a member.

Also what does the term American sensibilities mean?. Is that North or South America?. Or maybe the US or Argentinia?.:lol:

I have seen The Grand Business Inn from the outside. Always wondered how the rooms and the bathroom is and how is the front desk and lobby? 

11 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

I have seen The Grand Business Inn from the outside. Always wondered how the rooms and the bathroom is and how is the front desk and lobby? 

Suits me fine.

In the Premiere suite the bathroom is quite big as are the other rooms.

Restaurant is good. Has the benefit of an outside area which looks down on passing foot traffic. This paid dividends for me as I met a very nice LB who happened to walk past and I caught her eye. Bingo. A match made. Going to catch up with her during my upcoming trip. (photo attached). Have seen a couple of CIB girls in there with their "clientele".  I get on well with the reception staff and the concierge. A nice guy. Always smiling. The one thing it hasn't got, and I would like, is a pool. Neither has it a gym. Mind you with my physique I dont need to visit one of those.

The only downer I can recall is the reception staff stopping me taking 2 CIB girls to my room. Only one at a time!

So for my trip in March, due to it being a warm time of year I am trying a couple of others. Hopeland, (Denbosch think it is ok but sometimes I doubt his opinion!):D. Also going to give Promenade a go.

20221121_004110.jpg

Stayed at Night Hotel for about 8 days. Professional 4 star. Hard to falter - service I thought was very good. 

Only negative for me was it was a little bit too far from NEP ( walking wise)  and pool could be bigger, gym was a joke, but room, food and helpfulness of staff was first class.