Danum99

Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit 41

This was was an 11 day at Adelphi Grande which was very good. It was great to be recognised by all staffers. Breakfast could be improved as it seemed to be pork heavy, what with the strong numbers of Japanese clientele. I especially like the on time housekeeping service, the washing machine/dryer, good comfy bed and pillows. 

Very-guest friendly and they do not fuss with ID and even send them up to the room. I am a regular so I don't know if this applies throughout. 

Hi Danum99,

What about the location ? Not too far from Nana, CIB, WN ?

I stay sometimes at Adelphi Suites soi 8 - when the rate is not too high -. It's my prefered hotel in Bangkok. Soi 8 is quiet and it is in the middle of Sukhumvit nightlife.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:50 PM, ARI23 said:

Hi Danum99,

What about the location ? Not too far from Nana, CIB, WN ?

I stay sometimes at Adelphi Suites soi 8 - when the rate is not too high -. It's my prefered hotel in Bangkok. Soi 8 is quiet and it is in the middle of Sukhumvit nightlife.

Hello Ari, 

My sincere apologies for missing this. Neither did I get a notification. 

The distance is 3km to nana plaza and 2.5km to cib. Too far? Well for me it is not as i enjoy walking. Adelphi Suites is alot closer to the action no doubt and I am tempted to change my march 2021 reservation to the latter hotel. The thing is that I am very familiar with the people and my booking is just an email without payments upfront. I don't think I can get that at A Suites.

Again,  apologies for the delay in responding. 

Cheers 

Dan

1 hour ago, Danum99 said:

Hello Ari, 

My sincere apologies for missing this. Neither did I get a notification. 

The distance is 3km to nana plaza and 2.5km to cib. Too far? Well for me it is not as i enjoy walking. Adelphi Suites is alot closer to the action no doubt and I am tempted to change my march 2021 reservation to the latter hotel. The thing is that I am very familiar with the people and my booking is just an email without payments upfront. I don't think I can get that at A Suites.

Again,  apologies for the delay in responding. 

Cheers 

Dan

Hi Dan,

No trouble, I have forgotten myself about this post ... Yes Adelphi Grande is too far from the action for me and I like to be at the same time in the heart of the action and in a quiet place : few cars (soi 8 has a dead end), some nice bars and restaurants (Viva, In Vite, Det 5,  Monsoon, ...), massage salons, tailors, street food ...

I am not sure about the payment upfront. Maybe just ask.

All this is so theoric right now ... :bondage:

yes youre right. i am suddenly not so confident with my march 2021 trip. i have a funny feeling restrictions would still be in place. im more confident about june 2021. 

what are your thoughts?

42 minutes ago, Danum99 said:

yes youre right. i am suddenly not so confident with my march 2021 trip. i have a funny feeling restrictions would still be in place. im more confident about june 2021. 

what are your thoughts?

If you can choose go for June. Most of 2021 will be used to mass vaccinate people around the world. Expect heavy travel restrictions and make sure you get the vaccine before you travel. Most airline is now looking into making it mandatory to present a global healthpass-app with proof of the vaccine for intercontinental travel. Combined with a rapid covid-19 test landing in Thailand I think it will be sufficient to avoid the 14 day quarantine.