mikel

@Mind On Nut

My third stay here usually book the one bedroom apartment but grabbed a special offer five nights $250aud. Crazy value. Check in was a breeze. Lb friendly. Staff efficient but friendly and happy to help if you make the effort. (Quite a lot of Chinese groups stay and seem to fight with front desk so a smiling,polite farang is a joy) The gym is laughable but you can work out - not a patch on MajGrande- the roof top pool is small but ok to relax in with a beer and an lb in the late afternoon sun. Short walk to On Nut station and food stalls/ entertainment. Also TescoLotus and banks in the shopping centre. 150baht taxi ride to Nana. 42b bts. Good area to wander the side soi's. Soi 83 has a decent muay thai gym - great way to sweat out the beer! Check out Bang Chak too - plenty of good massage places that are cheap and in both suburbs Lb's aplenty although not tottering about in slutwear! @mind has decent wifi, breakfast,safe and has not worn badly over the last two years. Good for a long stay.

Really love this place and was gutted I could not get in on my last trip. I find both the area and the hotel relaxing and laid back. Not like the hustle and bustle of Nana or Asoke.

Agreed. I like the local feel of On Nut and Bang Chak while being in easy reach of the fun spots. Used to be excellent for Darkside and still is for soi 31 and Em quartier. I'd recommend it to any BM who has the time to explore life outside Nana. Keeps the whole thing fresh and enjoyable.