Sign in to follow this  
Boomerang

S15 hotel

This hotel is in a great spot ,anyone stayed there ???

S31 & S33 both lb friendly. So I presume S15 should be. May stay there next trip as good location.

i'm booked in at S15 in November,

WIll post a review & pics

:D

Stayed 4 nights @ S15 on Sukhumvit early November

$78(Aust) for a Junior Suite (35sq m) on 3rd floor

Pros:

- Great location, right on Sukhumvit between Sofitel & Westin

Close to Asok & Nana BTS, nightclubs, Soi Cowboy

- Ladyboy/guest friendly

- plenty of freelancers at your doorstep

- Decent size room, huge bed with spacious modern bathroom

- Buffet breakfast is good but not a huge variety

Cons:

- a bit a of a long walk to Nana Plaza & Guess bar

- Windows are not soundproof, i could hear street noise at 6am even with the curtains & shutters closed

(could be a problem for light sleepers)

- lighting in room is a bit dim even with ALL the lights switched on

- No swimming pool

- Joke Gym (size of a walk in wardrobe)

http://www.agoda.com/s15-sukhumvit-hotel/hotel/bangkok-th.html

Check the link above for pics (i forgort how to post photos!)

Overall i enjoyed my stay here, best thing about S15 is the price & location,

Same location as Westin & Sofitel for half the price !

i'd use S15 again if the price is right, but theres plenty of better hotels around Sukhumvit.

cheers

:D

Stayed there for 8 nights on recent trip ,,,very very good location in my opinion,,,,has a walkover right near hotel to access other side of sukhumvit rd,,,24/7 coffee shop adjacent to hotel (holleys coffee) a starbucks copy cat but very good .

Hotel check in very smooth ,,staff helpful and friendly,,,,,,very guest friendly ,,,,one of the concierge joking with me about where my lady if i happen to walk in without one lol.....breakfast just par ,but plenty of other choices nearby ( i wouldn't do their breakfast if stayed there again especially with holleys coffee being so good ) very easy to get taxis via hotel staff and with meter,,,,,room very good ,i was in deluxe on 5th floor facing soi 15 ....bathroom was the most guest friendly i have stayed @ ,with a big rainshower with awsome pressure and temp ,,,plus another shower over the bath as well ( should have taken a photo of this as was unique ....wardrobe with safe in is in the bathroom ,different idea but works ok ,,,,room service very good

I misplaced one room keycard ..no problem for staff to issue another free of charge.....left safe open one morning ..wasl locked by cleaner ,who wrote down contentsof safe before locking it ...i signed to say i agreed with contents before they opened it ...thought that was pretty honest stuff :)

Definately stay here again :)

@Aussierod

That walkover bridge came in handy on a few nights when i was stumbling home

I used to cross the road but now its closed off with wires running alomg the median strip.

S15 is in a great location

I'm staying at Phachara Suites & Adelphi Suites on my next visit

They look very good from what ive seen on Agoda, not too sure about location

Anyone stayed at either of these hotels?

:huh:

Wasnt S15 the name of a Khmer Rough execution and interrogation centre in Phnom Penh?

What's next? the "Belsen Hotel and Spa"

"The Lubyanka resort by Sheraton."

I think you're thinking of "S21". I've been there--the electrodes hooked up to the metal frame beds, the waterboarding pools...not a pretty sight. Upstairs is even more grisly in a different way, with pictures (then and now) of the guards who did the torturing. What makes it interesting is how they try to explain away their actions. These were all brainwashed teenagers at the time, who honestly thought they were doing the right thing. Teenagers can be very cruel because adolescence is a difficult time where you frequently hate your elders, and teenagers can be easily manipulated.

Likewise, the Nazis assigned very young soldiers to run the extermination camps. The Nazis were very aware that asking a middle aged officer in the field in Russia for example, especially if he was a father to shoot down families and children would destroy him as a soldier from there on. They found this out quickly (soldiers called in sick for the firing squads) and shipped the people they were going to kill all the way back to Germany, Austria, and Poland, where the young Nazis could do the work without any guilt.

Currently @ s15 again . Bluddy convenient spot for me .$78 aussie . Super guest friendly . Big shower area is a plus

Mind you don't leave that wallet on your bed when you go for a shower.

Excellent review buddy !!!