samotny

Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bkk.

Hello Samotny!

You booked yourself at one of the better hotels in Bangkok in the heart of the textile buisness center, (in the first 15 floors of the hotel-building and it´s surroundings, there are thousands of textile wholesell outlets for shops and street vendours).

The hotel is very nice with a breath taking wiew over Bangkok, BUT up until at least August/September they were not so "guest friendly" to my friends who stayed there. It might be a problem that you can solve with money althogue, depending on who is working in the lobby night time, my friends did it!

Hi' all,

Now I have been in Bkk and stayed on the sky hotel.

Hotel is clean but expensive for food and drink.

About guests in your room, this is a nightmare, in the lobby the staff stop you on the way to the lifts and want to check your electronic key even you can't use the lifts to go up from the lobby without the key card.

I had a guest for 3 days before they stopped me and my guest, I had to pay 1000 Bath pr. night I want to have guest in my room - and here is the crazy matter, I argued the mannager because I was not only on holiday but allso had to work in Bkk and sign contracts with agents from our sistercomp. in Thailand, the mannager told me that I COULD HAVE JOBRELATED VISIT IN MY ROOM BEFORE 6 PM FOR FREE, after 6 PM I had to pay the 1000 Bath.

This is a crazy rewl, many businnes meetings are ín the evening after dinner, but this was not for discussion.

About wireless internet, it is very expensive on the hotel, 700 Bath for 24 hours and very slow connection.

Next time I go to Bkk, I will find another more friendly hotel.

All the best.

samotny

Thank's for the answer.

I let you know when I have been there.

Samotny

I'm not sure if they differ between LBs or GGs, but I brought along a GG and she signed in together with me, and it was ok, but they

probably did see us as a couple.

Read other people state Bayoke Sky is not friendly at all regarding short time visitors.

For those who plan to butterfly, pick another hotel to avoid any embarrasment at the reception, it can make

some awkward scene for you, the girl(s) and the people at the reception.

A damn shame about this hotels guest policy. :Bonkers:

I just saw a special for $64 a night and looked it up here. Looks like a fantastic place to stay. I can't imagine their policy has changed since the last reports.

I once read here that a BM was asked at a 5 star hotel to pay 1000 baht for his guest. He politely asked for the manager and then asked them to show him, in the T&Cs where he cannot meet a frien and invite her to stay, for as long as the customer pays 1000 baht.

This was obviously not available.

He then said, that the manager should write down his full name in order for the customer to write to the Chairman of the hotel group to say that they are trying to extort money from the customer, when in fact, he had made a booking for 2 people to be resident in the room at all times.

This logical approach saw the manager back down and apologise for the mis-understanding.

Genius.

I doubt this approach would work in a small 3 star hotel, but in the bigger ones, especially the global chain groups, it would be worth a shout??