Sign in to follow this  
Cool1T

Pj Watergate?

Are you talking about this place? The Amari Watergate? The only thing I know is its close to Panthip plaza. which is a great place to buy anything to do with electronics. Six floors of cut rate prices on anything from computors to movies. A lot of pirated stuff over the counter. but who cares when you can get a name brand 32 gig memory card for 1000 baht. I'm not sure of the LB scene around this area, but I recall a BM on another board saying he picked up a quickie during the day with a LB. In 3 trips to this place I saw one LB. Not a good enough ratio to hunt these grounds but certainly you will find an electronic bargain. Be careful with used goods. If you do buy something new remember you can claim a goods tax at the airport with a reciept. This is true of all goods. Accomadtion, and services no dice.

IMG_2750.JPG

like Slam Man, I've heard of Amari Watergate (as far as I know, it's a nice hotel) but not the PJ Watergate

Another good place for electronics, software, computers etc (but less frenetic than Panthip) is Fortune IT in Ratchada

Has anyone stayed at the PJ Watergate or know someone that has? An associate of mine has said it was a nice place, friendly staff, etc. Can anyone verify? Thank you.

If as the others asked you are meaning the Amari Watergate I have stayed there, or I guess used the rooms haha.. very very nice place.. as I recall the room was about 2k for the night. Very large room huge bed plus a nice little sofa, it is in fact quite close to Pantip. But also across the street from Platinum Fashion Mall which is a great place to buy clothes, for you as well as your someone special. Plus very easy walking distance to Central World and BTS, if you are staying for a longer period of time they gave me NO issues at all with my guest simply telling me as long as I booked a double room they did not care who or how many people made up the second person over the course of my stay. Oddly enough it is pretty good place to stay even if you are into the nightlife as stated the BTS is a very manageable walk or super short Tuk Tuk jaunt away. I have pics of the room somewhere but I believe they all have a girl in them that would not take kindly to me posting them.

like Slam Man, I've heard of Amari Watergate (as far as I know, it's a nice hotel) but not the PJ Watergate

Another good place for electronics, software, computers etc (but less frenetic than Panthip) is Fortune IT in Ratchada

If you are looking new stuff Fortune is pretty good. Meaning cutting edge sort of things.. but if you are looking for anything even slightly older than a year you can skip the trip there. At Pantip up on the fourth floor near the back they have all the guys that have the "older" stuff at pretty reasonable prices.. by older I mean Socket A boards, DDR 400 etc.. still stuff that is very good and worth having. But it the main stream stores forget it...

If as the others asked you are meaning the Amari Watergate I have stayed there, or I guess used the rooms haha.. very very nice place.. as I recall the room was about 2k for the night. Very large room huge bed plus a nice little sofa, it is in fact quite close to Pantip. But also across the street from Platinum Fashion Mall which is a great place to buy clothes, for you as well as your someone special. Plus very easy walking distance to Central World and BTS, if you are staying for a longer period of time they gave me NO issues at all with my guest simply telling me as long as I booked a double room they did not care who or how many people made up the second person over the course of my stay. Oddly enough it is pretty good place to stay even if you are into the nightlife as stated the BTS is a very manageable walk or super short Tuk Tuk jaunt away. I have pics of the room somewhere but I believe they all have a girl in them that would not take kindly to me posting them.

If the hotel is in fact the Amari Watergate I have to agree with yfeverbkk that it is a very good place to stay. I have stayed there several times and have never had any problems with taking "guests" up to my room. On the other hand have I always booked a dubbel room or a suite, and reading this previous post might explain why!