Sign in to follow this  
bkkladyboy

RAJA MANSION: Suk Soi 4 100 meters from NEP

i have not stayed here but i have been told by a trusted BM who lived there for an extended period of time it is good.

it is down the street from NEP and Guess Bar is on the ground floor.

it is strictly LT rentals 2 weeks or 4 weeks but given the state of the economy it might be worth asking if a week is available. the BM who talked to me said that he often takes the LT and then leaves when he feels. apparently its a good deal and worth it.

i have been told some of the rooms are newly renovated and great, others are not. it is advised you look at the room before before you pay.

all services are pay as you go, meaning, the electric, water, maid service, and wi-fi you only pay for what you use (similar to renting an apartment).

guests also have access to the Rajah Hotel pool and facilities.

the contact info is on the brochure so just give them a call or send them an email for rates and answers to enquirers.

EDIT/UPDATE: i have just gone to the URL listed in the brochure, IT IS NOT ACCURATE.

HERE IT IS.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by bkkladyboy

This hotel is the pits to say the least. I used one of the ST room a couple weeks ago, while

visiting Guess Bar and it was the worst I had experienced. A few days later, I went by during

the day and asked to see a room at the hotel, from the front desk and it was so different, then the

photos listed above.

In short stay away.

The ST room is a ST room...can't expect much else, although I would improve the cleaning of the bathroom and assure a bedsheet change...

If I evaluate the local map and the "distances" I can see they are a bit liberal on some locations (Emporium seems nearly next to Asoke junction, soi 21, whilst it is well past soi 33...). Same is the perception distance between Soi 6 and Asoke. Quite misleading.

If I relate those accuracies to the accurfacy in reporting their standard/quality, I would be a bit suspicious... :unsure:

This hotel is the pits to say the least. I used one of the ST room a couple weeks ago, while

visiting Guess Bar and it was the worst I had experienced. A few days later, I went by during

the day and asked to see a room at the hotel, from the front desk and it was so different, then the

photos listed above.

In short stay away.

You're confusing the Rajah Hotel

http://www.rajahhotel.com/home.html

with the Rajah Mansion

http://www.rajah-mansion.com/index.html

Two different places located close to one another. The Rajah Hotel is a total dump; the Rajah Mansion, as Bkkladyboy notes, is a nice place intended for longer term visits. I usually stay in the Majestic Grande, and the Rajah Mansion is pretty much across the street and slightly to the left. I've been inside and the rooms are very nice. When I checked, they wouldn't take a booking for just 7 nights.

Thanks for clarifying that Bwana and for providing the link to Rajah Hotel. I met a a BM who was living at Rajah Mansion on my last trip. I can't imagine having that temptation right out my door.