Siam Man

Bangkok Dentist

I first heard about reputable Dental clinics on an Australian TV show called Current Affairs. They did a feature on all these people who were going to Thailand to get major Dental work done at prices much cheaper than we can get in Oz. We also have to wait long periods of time for appointments and work.

The show mentioned a couple different clinics on the shows web site and I checked them out. I had already priced out in Oz what the cost of a crown would be, then got onto the site. The show also mentioned how the Dentists were trained in the U.S. and England and spoke English. Several of the people testified how the savings paid for their trip as they were getting major work done.

I communicated with Bangkok International Dental Center (BIDC) via E-mail contact@bangkokdentalcenter.com and found out what it would cost and made my appointment. Same place Eslmiker posted on.

I was going to LOS anyway and the crown needed to be done, and with a 60% savings I was happy as. The clinic is located on Rachadapisak and soi 7. When I got there I was pleasantly surprised to get right on time, and to find the cleanest Dentist office I have ever been in. this is saying something as I have been in several Dentist offices in the U.S. and Australia. The only thing that made me a little hesitant was the male dentist looked like he was in his early 20’s and his English was no that strong. However my fears were erased as I was out in no time, and the cost was exactly as quoted. I came back 3 days later for the permanent crown and it was the same story, right on time.

Last year I took my lb to dentist in Bang Kapi for some fillings and a cleaning. Too my surprise her fillings were only 300 baht each and cleaning was only 500 baht, so I have mine done as well. This same service at BIDC was 1000 baht. I guess they have to pay the higher rent for that building and location. However this office was clean and we just walked up and only had to wait short time. My lb did all the translation for me.

This trip I broke off part of a tooth from an old filling on a piece of hard rice. I’m sure BIDC would have recommended me getting a crown, but my lb’s new Dentist at 371 soi Sounpool, Sathorn south (Garden home Dental clinic) said they could just put filling in for 500 baht since it was bigger area. The female Dentist also spoke just as good English if not better than my male Dentist at BIDC. It was also much nicer having her smaller gentle hands in my mouth. Her and one of her two assistance were not bad to look at either. I also took advantage of a 500 baht cleaning. We just walked in, no appointment, and waited for her to finish one patient, then she made quick work of my filling and cleaning in about 20 minutes. I will go back to this practice for all future work.

Just on a side note, if you have that special ladyboy your spending several days with, why not treat her to a cleaning as well as yourself.

Just on a side note, if you have that special ladyboy your spending several days with, why not treat her to a cleaning as well as yourself.

Slam Man,

Thanks for the info on dentistry. We hear a lot about medical tourism to Thailand here in the States but, always nice to hear a first hand account. Like your side note too.. interesting idea.

Edited by Up2You

This trip I broke off part of a tooth from an old filling on a piece of hard rice. I'm sure BIDC would have recommended me getting a crown, but my lb's new Dentist at 371 soi Sounpool, Sathorn south (Garden home Dental clinic) said they could just put filling in for 500 baht since it was bigger area. The female Dentist also spoke just as good English if not better than my male Dentist at BIDC. It was also much nicer having her smaller gentle hands in my mouth. Her and one of her two assistance were not bad to look at either. I also took advantage of a 500 baht cleaning. We just walked in, no appointment, and waited for her to finish one patient, then she made quick work of my filling and cleaning in about 20 minutes. I will go back to this practice for all future work.

This morning I did indeed go back to this clinic in Sathorn. Had a cleaning (500 baht) and one repaired filling (500 baht). Just took skyway from Nana to Sala Daeng, then walked down to moterbike taxi's. 30 baht ride to the clinic. Walked right in and Dentist was sitting talking with reception girl. Saw me right away and quoted me prices for work. Wasn't same Dentist from last time, and didn't speak as good of English.

I'm a nervous wreck on the Dental chair, but can tell you there was no pain, only a little tickle while cleaning. I was in and out in about 30 minutes or less.Maybe most of the little neighborhood Dentist are like this, but I will continue to go to this place as long as I'm kicking around BKK.

Sathorn dental 006.JPG

Sathorn dental 004.JPG

Sathorn dental 017.JPG

i always go to bangkok smile @ asoke ,,,,very good service and workmanship ...to be honest i wouldnt consider going anywhere else in the world ...i get same dentist everytime,,speak ok english ,always quote me for work before doing,,give me a lecture on how to look after my teeth better too lol.....i'm sure there are cheaper ones around but im very happy :)