mikel

Classic Kameo Hotel Ayutthaya

On 8/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, mikel said:

Stayed one night in Sept 2019. Drove up late morning (try and get a lb out the door early!) and had an uneventful and pretty easy run. Booked through Agoda for a little over $100aud. Room was a deluxe 32sqm and had everything you need except a view. Our balcony faced a wall so natural light wasn't great. Bathroom was good - plenty of constant hot water & - a rarity on this trip - the bed was not as hard as concrete.

There's a pool but we didn't use it. 

We headed out soon after arrival and spent the afternoon wandering the temples. Had dinner at an open air market by the river. 

Breakfast was standard fare and ok but nothing special. Did its' job. (Hotel pics from internet ).

Overall a perfectly ok overnight stop. If you need an 'I go for the culture' story for the cynics back home I'd recommend a short side trip to Ayutthaya. The temples etc are worth seeing  - it wasn't crowded - and it's beautifully kept.

images (18).jpeg

images (19).jpeg

download.jpeg

20191002_135142.jpg

I stayed in Kameo many times. That (along with Kantary on the other side of the road) was really great for happy ending massages in the night. Dialling the lobby and asking for a 2 hours oil massage and find a skilled "therapist" called from outside at your door was a matter of minutes. Then (I don't remember when, think about 2016) they opened their own in house SPA and since then you had only their old and ugly staff doing a standard no happy ending massage. What a waste :(