Sign in to follow this  
tony021671

Hotels

This will be my first time coming to Bangkok, Thailand. Can you give me some good ideas where to stay in a hotel will decent rates. I am not sure how to budget for the activities with the Ladyboy's. So I want to budget as mnuch as possible, but be safe and comfortable. I want to be really close to the action also.

Please advise..

TONY

You can do a general check of rates on Agoda. Type in Bangkok and then check off the Sukhumvit area box. You will see a map in the corner, which

will show you where and how much for hotels in lower Sukhumvit.

You can also read the hotel section of the forum, read BM reviews and get more info about specific hotels from a mongering perspective.

Hi Tony, see if Majestic suites looks good to you. im the same, newbie, Been to thailand once or twice for short trips. I booked majestic suites for my week's stay. Its right next to NEP. Many BMs have confirmed its a good place to be. Enjoy. See you around if you are there in December last week.

The rooms at Majestic Suites are small but price and location are good. Dawin in soi 4 is good value. Check their website for special deals. Majestic Grande is a step up in price but a great place to stay in an excellent location.

I agree with Mikel's choices.Majestic suites are good for a couple of nights but rooms are tiny and

no real amenities for a longer stay.For a few baht more the Dawin has bigger rooms,pool,restaurant

etc. and a 2 minute walk to the action.The legendary Nana hotel is worth considering I tried this year for a few days good rate on expedia,excellent breakfast,many rooms now upgraded,and perfect location

opposite NEP.

From one Tony to another Tony! I suggest Majestic Suites! this hotel is great and I've stayed there many times, the price is great and they are Ladyboy Friendly! Close to the Action for sure!

BTW-When are you going to be there? If you want a wingman, then I would be available from October 29th thru October 31st! :)

Edit-PM me as I'd love to be a newbie wingman! I had some great wingmen on my first trip, and would love to pay it forward!

Edited by icebergjr.

You can try Unico hotel in soi 3. Rooms are tiny but prices are reasonable. To get a good price, they recommend you to book before the cheapest rooms are booked.

The hotel is located not too far from Nana. I could make a ladyboy walk with high heels shoes from Nana to the hotel.

I had found the adress in a website dealing with guest friendly hotels. A ladyboy worked at the reception in the evening. The freelancer I had invited just had to leave her ID at the desk before going in.

For my safety, I had a safe in the room and enough place to put my bagage.

Last but not least, they had an excellent breakfast with a buffet. I had paid Thb 1,600 in November 2013.

How long will you stay in BKK ? Will you stay in BKK only or travel around Thailand ?