Sign in to follow this  
blackraven

Grand Hyatt & Intercontinental LB friendly?

Hi. First post here on the forum, have been lurking around for a while though.

I'll be visiting BKK for a week in August and for various reasons need to stay at either Grand Hyatt or Intercontinental. Been looking for intel here on the forum if they are LB friendly.

Any BM have some advice?

Stayed at Grand Hyatt before and definitely GG friendly, with Spasso on the premises, but not sure how they act having LB friends joining me to my room.

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Stayed there about 5 years ago and never had a problem with guests. They did hold IDs but no fee associated with guests and staff always friendly.

Most 5* hotels do not check ID's - infact they act like they don't even see you as you walk through the lobby. They clock you and her for sure. But as its unlikely you want it bragged about in a 5* place, they keep quiet. At the same time though, you are generally on your own as I found at the Grand Hyatt in HKG when some girl managed to open my room safe and steal the contents of my wallet.

Probably most smart travellers even in this situation won't want to draw too much attention to it and choose to cover the loss themselves without involving any 3rd parties or having police reports etc - I know I certainly did especially as I was pissed as a fart by the time I got back to the room with her. The cringe factor alone was enough to just forget about it. I guess the moral is, if you can afford to stay in these hotels, you can afford any loss that may arise - or if a company is picking up the tab, then you sure as heck would not want them hearing about it.