Sign in to follow this  
Blue wizard

Salil hotel soi 8

Thought I'd try something different back in November and at 1400 baht on their own website Salil seemed like pretty good value with wifi and BF inc. Reviews were reasonable and I had no problems with its location about 150 m from the end of the soi. An email to the Salil group confirmed it was GF though my mate and I only took GG's back. Any LB action was at Nana ST rooms.

Superior rooms were small but well laid out. I had room 26 which was at the back of the building looking out on the concrete jungle while my mate in room 21 had a small bay window alcove with a day bed sort of thing which gave the impression of a bit more space and was a comfortable place to relax while we shared stories from the night before. Safe, fridge, tea and coffee OTH, wall mounted flat screen TV (though channel selection for english speakers was ordinary), card entry and comfortable beds though we both asked for lower pillows from housekeeping who were friendly and helpful. Wifi was OK in rooms and good in the lobby.

I had a long narrow bathroom with tiled modern shower area at one end while my mates room was more conventional with shower over bath. The fittings / tiled areas in both bathrooms were showing their age and their were some hard to get at places that were being neglected by the cleaning staff but the hot water was good and everything worked.

The buffett breakfast was limited but given the place has less than 30 rooms it was equal to my expectations. Eggs to order always a positive. YMMV. Limited seating in the indoor part of the cafe where breakfast was served meant sharing tables at peak times but no problem for me. Seating outside for considerate smokers.

Free golf cart down to Suk or a 10 minute walk. Location wise, if you don't mind a walk back from Suk (if the cart passes they'll pick you up and probably could have rung reception to get a pick up) it's great. Very little traffic so quiet at night, short cut near the start of the soi past Lolitas and onto soi 6 out onto soi 4 was handy. Easy BTS access or use the Station promenade to cross over onto the odd side of Suk.

All in all...recommended at the price point.

(pics lifted from Trip advisor)salil3.JPGsalil1.JPGsalil4.JPGsalil2.JPG

Cheers Blue as Iam thinking of staying around soi 8 I was thinking Citidines but will have a look at this hotel after reading your report cheers once again,