Sign in to follow this  
Maitri

Anyone stayed at Woraburi or Swiss Park before?

My priorities are 1) proximity to NEP 2) cost 3) pool. Both of these hotels seem to meet these priorities, and I have looked at them on Agoda, but I am wondering if any BMs have any firsthand experience they could share? Thanks.

I know Woraburi is a bit of a walk down soi 4 but I don't mind.

Woraburi is ok.I stayed there on march.Nice staff.Its free to take "friends" to room :-) and take check everythings ok before they let her go...I´ll stay there next time too.

I've stayed at Woraburi on two different occasions. First in 2007, and then in 2011. It had that same musty smell the 2nd time I stayed there. I meant to check out the pool, but never got to it. Both times I got good deals on my stays. 20 to 25 bucks a night. nothing fancy about it really. Had brekkie included first time and it was ordinary at best. A little bit of a hike down soi 4, but you can get their tuk tuk to take you down by Nana for free. Staff is friendly. Free internet. If you want to save a few $$ it's fine.

Standard room is kind of smallish.

Yoyo keow 077.JPG

Yoyo keow 063.JPG

adding to your requirements .....

nana hotel would be the best choice ..proximity to nep , price and pool ...and no joiner fees....i have not stayed there though....

if you cut out the pool ...then try the majestic suites....proximity to nep...price and again no joiner fees...i have stayed there ...the rooms are very neat and comfortable...toilets very clean ....free wifi ...break fast included and also close to nana bts...

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I've stayed at Woraburi on two different occasions. First in 2007, and then in 2011. It had that same musty smell the 2nd time I stayed there. I meant to

That musty smell was in both of the rooms you stayed in both times?

Thanks Slam, can always count on you for a sexy pic or two! :D I know I've seen her somewhere before...

adding to your requirements .....

nana hotel would be the best choice ..proximity to nep , price and pool ...and no joiner fees....i have not stayed there though....

if you cut out the pool ...then try the majestic suites....proximity to nep...price and again no joiner fees...i have stayed there ...the rooms are very neat and comfortable...toilets very clean ....free wifi ...break fast included and also close to nana bts...

I've heard mixed reviews about the Nana Hotel. I have considered staying there, but when I looked on Agoda, it said there were no rooms available for the dates I entered... I have heard that the rooms there are not that nice, as well. Have heard good things about the Maj Suites, but access to a pool is a must for me. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

That musty smell was in both of the rooms you stayed in both times?

Thanks Slam, can always count on you for a sexy pic or two! :D I know I've seen her somewhere before...

I've heard mixed reviews about the Nana Hotel. I have considered staying there, but when I looked on Agoda, it said there were no rooms available for the dates I entered... I have heard that the rooms there are not that nice, as well. Have heard good things about the Maj Suites, but access to a pool is a must for me. Thanks.

you could also check out Boss Suites. I stayed a couple of nights on my last trip and thought the place was great. It also has a pool. I looked at it and that was enough for me. I have a thread started on it if you want to check it out but here are a couple of pics of the room. It is very near the Worburi and a little more expensive but I got a good deal for my stay.

DSCN2167 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2168 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2169 (640x480).jpg

HI all, my first post on the forum, guess this is as good a place as any to start. I've stayed at Swiss park several times in the last few years and seen it's condition slowly slide in that time. The one thing it has always had going for it is location, being sort of midway between Nana and Cowboy and around the corner from Biergarden. That was my criteria during my early visits to BKK though my preference now is closer to Nana for obvious reasons.

The pool is a reasonable size (not for laps) and has been clean during my visits with towels laid on at the entrance. It's on the seventh floor near the restaurant (outdoors). Not too many chairs from memory. Wifi is only available in the lobby but is free. The lobby itself is fairly dark and kind of uninspiring and this theme tends to carry over into the rooms as well as the attitude of some of the reception staff.

Rooms are getting very tired and worn but are kept fairly clean however the bathrooms (they may have renovated some) are getting a little beyond a mere clean with things like shower heads that won't stay in position and worn enamel on baths etc. Beds are large and comfortable.

Breakfast is OK, good eggs cooked to order, everything else standard fair for this class of hotel. Getting hard to see value at around 1400 baht unless the location really suits you.

Thanks a lot for your reply Blue wizard. Very helpful. Good to hear something about the Swiss Park. It does seem a bit of a walk from Nana when taking a guest, no? Soi 11? And I have heard it is in declining condition but must not be too bad if you went back?

I know posts are always appreciated, so if you have any other insights or tales about your trips, we'd like to hear.

Anyway, thank you again.

. It does seem a bit of a walk from Nana when taking a guest, no? Soi 11? And I have heard it is in declining condition but must not be too bad if you went back?

My recent trip (March) only included a couple of nights there, I wasn't mongering and I wanted to be close to the BTS station so I could try out the Airport rail link "door to door" so to speak so Swiss park fitted the bill on that occassion. Prior to the March trip I'd stayed at Swiss park about 2007. Trips since then it's been Dawin, Dream, Taipan and Ibis. I wouldn't stay at Swiss park for an extended period but for 1 or 2 nights it's Ok. The walk never bothered me (kon diao) as I walk most places anyway.

They really need to take advantage of it's location (for those that like to split their time between Nana and Cowboy and all in between) and give the it a proper reno / modernisation. Of course then the prices would rise but it would perhaps be justified IMHO.

Co-incidentally, I'd just booked Woraburi before reading this thread for my trip in June, though the reviews are mixed the price was right for me and I'll check out a few other places down that way (Boss suites, Royal Ivory, Aspen, Solo) for future trips.

I stayed here last January and had planned to do an updated report on the Woraburi, but it kind of fell by the wayside and I never got around to it. One thing I really liked about it was the rooftop pool and bar they had. These were taken early in the morning.

Woraburi Pool Bar.jpg

Woraburi Pool.jpg