nightwatch

Boss Suites (updated 2014)

I booked three nights here in March and since I have only seen recomendations for this place I thought I would write up my stay so you could check it out.

Pros

wifi in room

see in bathroom

pool

excellent sized room

in room safe

big shower

desk takes guests id

tuk tuk service to nana station

Cons

I booked it off of agoda while I was in Pattaya. The only problem I had was when I showed up they wanted the voucher which I need access to a pc with a printer. I tried explaining that I would need the pc in the lobby to get them the voucher but they poked around their computer and found the reservation so didn't need it. They greet you with a glass of juice for you while you are checking in I could have used a rag to wipe the sweat down but a good welcome just the same. I had booked for three nights on agoda and got a deal on it so not sure what the rates normally are on this room maybe the same maybe higher never really checked prices on this one before so not sure. It came out to around $137 which was $40 cheaper than I payed for Heaven@4 a week earlier. I think this is a better hotel overall but the location is the one negative which might keep me away from it. It is quite a ways down soi 4 actually you get down to Worburi and take the side street next to it down to the end and find yourself at Boss Suites. I have a few photos of the area if anyone wants a little clarification on that. It isn't to far for me to walk and I took a girl from nana two nights in a row and walked her down there with no complaints but I can see you getting some over it. I just thought it was to close to get a taxi or motorcycle taxi down there but if you want to be nice to the girl I suppose you can. I never really checked into the tuk tuk but I suppose you should be able to ring them and get a pick up but I would rather do the walk myself. I had to laugh as every time I left the hotel i got the taxi proposition from the guys in front of the worburi. I would never take a taxi that sits in front of a place as they like to jack you up on the price and even way down here you have taxis driving by you so its not a problem to get a metered one. That's about all I can think of right now so here are some pics for you.

DSCN2166 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2167 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2168 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2169 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2173 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2174 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2178 (480x640).jpg

DSCN2179 (640x480).jpg

Good to have a detailed report on Boss Suites. MortenXL mentioned staying there in his TR a few months ago. http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2209-november-after-the-flood-in-bangkok/

I also recall comparing it against some other Nana Hotels, Ibis, Heaven@4, Woriburi, Maxim Inn and the Boss being further away was the biggest set back. I know it's not that much further, but in regards to taking a ladyboy back for ST it can be the difference in negotiations.

Thanks NW.

Has any one stayed here the pics look good. I have stayed at the Majestic Suites every other time I have been in BKK but they seem to be booked out for when I want to travel.

Has any one stayed here the pics look good. I have stayed at the Majestic Suites every other time I have been in BKK but they seem to be booked out for when I want to travel.

Nightwatch must have stayed there ,,see first post

Yes he did and gave a good report which is why I merged the thread John John started with Nightwatche's review. :moved:

Sorry for the confusion. Any updates would be great, but I think Nightwatches review is a good one.

I did like the place. I am not sure about location as for every pro there is a con to it. I think the tuk tuk will take you all the way to the BTS station but would probably drop you anywhere on Soi 4. I think but am not sure that it quits running at midnight. I liked the room size and bathroom it had. It did have a pool and it looked nice but never used it as it is not my thing. I would have no problem staying again and probably will.

I stayed here in August and rate it as good value if you get it at around 1500 baht inc BF. The rooms and facilities / common areas are probably a step up from most 1500 hotels that are better located...and that's really the only downside of the place...it never bothered me because I walk everywhere anyway and the girls didn't seem to mind the stroll or you can grab the Tuk Tuk. It's 100 m down the little sub soi that Woraburi (also worth a look, slightly cheaper) is on the corner of.

Massage spa on the mezanine level which I never used but the girls were always ready with a smile. Breakfast buffet was typical of this price point but I think finished at 10, could be wrong on that might have been 1030. Pool is open air but no direct sun, looked clean but I didn't use it. Small basic gym which was a selling point for me but of course the bike which I wanted to use had no seat (some might not mind a bit of bum action but a seat post up the freckle ain't my idea of a good night out) and one of the universal stations had a buggered cable. Only time will tell if they maintain their equipment or as is typical of a lot of places they just let things go downhill. Bar with pool table on the ground level.

All the staff I dealt with were friendly and competent. Paid extra for 6 pm checkout (700 baht) no drama with that, it's fair.

In summary...if you don't mind the location it is a good option. If it were 300 metres closer to Suk you'd be paying somewhere between 1800 and 2000 for the place IMHO.

Stayed there again for three nights and can't really add anything to the original review other than it is a bit to far to walk for the high heeled girls. The tuk tuk only runs till 9pm so you might need other options. I did walk on back from check in bar and by the time we got there her feet were killing her.

Thanks for the update nightwatch. How much they charge a night? Is it still under $50 a night?