Sign in to follow this  
luv u long time

Anyone stayed at Amari Residence Suk Rd ?

Im booked up to stay at Amari Residence Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

I had a good look around the area for what seemed a good deal.

I normally stay at Accor Grand Sukhumvit, but fancied a wee change.

Anyone stayed there and can comment on good / bad points?

Is there a huge difference between the studio room and premier room ? Do the balcony rooms have a decent view of anything?

Thanks in advance.

This is the hotel...

http://ajaxsearch.partners.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/amari_residences_sukhumvit.html

Think someone said they charged Bt600 joiners fee, could turn out expensive if you plan to explore more than one Nana resident. I might be mistaken though, cant find where i read that. Havent stayed there myself, though i almost did book it once before I saw that comment on Joiner fees.

I stayed there in March and had BG's (not LB). No joiner fee. I booked for 2 people and picked up the tickets for the free breakfast for both at check-in. That way the LT got free breakfast too. Very nice place. I had a studio and it had a nice big bed, nice bathroom, big TV, no balcony. Kitchen had sink, full fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, flatware, coffee maker and washer and dryer. It is nice to be able to do laundry. I can travel light. I highly recommend this hotel.

I was there in April. I was treated like an asshole though !

I had HUGE work noises from the next door room as the place was in renovation mode for various parts of the hotel. They upgraded me to a suite which was possibly last decorated when Thailand was known as Siam :(

I asked for the same type of room back (Superior and Balcony room). No can do, so gave me a superior without balcony.

After much debate, they refunded me two nights stay.

All in all, I would still recommend this hotel as the renovated rooms are nice, good location to Soi 4 and Suk Road action. I agree, a nice touch being able to have a washing maching/tumble drier to keep on top of the laundry.

Would I stay again? Perhaps, but Im going to stick with my favourite Accor Grand Sukhumvit on Soi 6, unless there are cracking deals on elsewhere.