rarar23

Charge To Bring Lady Back

Hi guys

Am in Phuket and on my way to Bangkok soon, having an absolute blast. Will upload a few photos when I'm back home.

Just a quick question though, whilst in Phuket, my hotel charge me 1500 baht to bring a lady back with me.

Is this the same as all hotels in Thailand? Especially bangkok as I'll be staying there this weekend.

I have a hotel booked for Ibis Bangkok Nana but will consider changing it if I can avoid this fee that the hotel charge.

I really don't see it as necessary, perhaps someone could help explain it to me!

Its just by the time you add up the bar fine, all the drinks and tips, the taxi, the charge for the girl herself then the hotel charge it all gets pretty expensive!

Thanks

some hotels charge but most of the hotels in the Nana area won't (they know who their customers are :D )

I believe Ibis don't but not sure

check out the other threads on the forum for hotel recommendations in Bangkok

I read on Pattaya Addicts that Ibis do not charge for guests.

The most definitive answer you will get is to just email the hotel first asking if they have a joiner fee. They are all used to it, so no need to feel awkward asking the question.

I would say most will reply saying, "One guest at a time is free, if you have 2 guests in the room, you will be charged 500 baht per extra guest"

Cant wait to see the pics bud and hope you have a great time in Bangkok.

Hi guys

Am in Phuket and on my way to Bangkok soon, having an absolute blast. Will upload a few photos when I'm back home.

Just a quick question though, whilst in Phuket, my hotel charge me 1500 baht to bring a lady back with me.

Is this the same as all hotels in Thailand? Especially bangkok as I'll be staying there this weekend.

I have a hotel booked for Ibis Bangkok Nana but will consider changing it if I can avoid this fee that the hotel charge.

I really don't see it as necessary, perhaps someone could help explain it to me!

Its just by the time you add up the bar fine, all the drinks and tips, the taxi, the charge for the girl herself then the hotel charge it all gets pretty expensive!

Thanks

Yea, you would think that hotels would wave the joiners fee for the first guest, I think most do, but to charge for the first is just bad business. I was thinking of staying at the new Holiday inn Pattaya as it is brand new with really good views but when a BM reported of joiners fee for the first guest I quickly scratched it off the list. We have a BM, billy, on the LBP site that stays at the Sunshine hotel, in Pattaya, as it allows as many guests as you care to bring back with out charge or raised eyebrow. Very tempting but I'm still learning to deal with one at a time. Good advice above from LB experts LULT and Bigmick.

These charges or joiner fees can and should be avoided. BM's should band together and not to patronise these establishments. They do it to discourage p4p customers that may offend their targeted guest by trekking through the lobby's with short skirts and 6 inch heels clinking smelling like cheap perfume and cum breath. I have heard of some hotel charging up to 2000 baht, and even reducing this price when the customer objected. this tells me that hotel staff is probably getting what they can and pocketing the rest.

If I book something over the internet, I book for 2 adults which is the same price. Upon checking in they enquire about the other persons name and I tell them TBA "To be announced" I've tried this a couple times and it worked out ok. The old Madrinan in BKK had a security guy at the elevators who stopped me one evening. He wouldn't let me take my choice up without clearance from the front desk. When they pulled out my record they pointed out TBA and I told them what that meant. They tried to say it didn't match name on the LB's ID, but eventually one who spoke a little English explained to the others and they wrote me out a hall pass so I could proceed. After a short time and a freshen up I went back out again and pushed the envelope by bringing back a 2nd LB. The same guard stopped me again and the desk tried to say it had to be same person blah blah blah. The guys behind the desk gave away to the new girl that I had already brought someone back. I could care less, but still. Anyway they eventually caved in and up we went.

The money grubbbing hotel got the last laugh on me when I didn't return one night until 3 or 4 next day with a ladyboy who I spent the night with at her place. No late check out, so I figured I would just pay another night. However instead of the 900 baht internet rate for this dump they hit me with a 1600 rate as I recall. The next morning I took a ladyboy to the buffet breakfast and we stayed as long as we could eating, drinking, and making little sandwiches to take with us to her place the next night. She really got into the spirit taking every roll of toilet tissue, tea bags, from the loom. I think the place eventually burned down. Since I found the forums, I never have this problem and only patronise lb friendly establishments.