Nick Bullseye

Photogenic rooms in BKK

Although I like very much to stay in Dawin, I am sick and tired of its backdrop, which causes me a considerable headache concerning the quality of my photos.

I am looking for a very clean hotel of a same quality and price range, near NEP, not noisy but rather quiet, having rooms at least as large as in Dawin, but I would prefer larger since it is better for a photographer, with a nice backdrop, with walls painted either white or in pastel colors. Of course, I want to have all the equipment modern, like in Dawin, with a nice bathroom, and free internet/wifi.

Drawbacks of hotels I know:

Dawin: awful backdrop making the photos suffer

Omni Tower: run down

Heaven@4: small rooms, some without windows, and crazy colors

Ibis Nana: small rooms

For those thinking that a small room does not matter. If you are a photographer and care about the quality of your photos, you need a bigger room, walls either white or pastel colored, and the ceiling definitely white.

I would appreciate all suggestions, especially if you have a photo (attached) othe room, especially of the bed with and the backdrop.

I am primarily concerned about Bangkok, but some good hints for Pattaya are welcome as well. I have a quite good idea about Patong Beach - Phuket, but would appreciate also some good hints there.

Thanks very much in advance.

Although I like very much to stay in Dawin, I am sick and tired of its backdrop, which causes me a considerable headache concerning the quality of my photos.

I am looking for a very clean hotel of a same quality and price range, near NEP, not noisy but rather quiet, having rooms at least as large as in Dawin, but I would prefer larger since it is better for a photographer, with a nice backdrop, with walls painted either white or in pastel colors. Of course, I want to have all the equipment modern, like in Dawin, with a nice bathroom, and free internet/wifi.

For those thinking that a small room does not matter. If you are a photographer and care about the quality of your photos, you need a bigger room, walls either white or pastel colored, and the ceiling definitely white.

I would appreciate all suggestions, especially if you have a photo (attached) othe room, especially of the bed with and the backdrop.

I am primarily concerned about Bangkok, but some good hints for Pattaya are welcome as well. I have a quite good idea about Patong Beach - Phuket, but would appreciate also some good hints there.

i will assume you are not up for paying these rates, but this hotel is awesome. i did a new years eve there with 3 girls a few years back. in one wing the rooms have different themes. i booked the Thai suite, all teak and raw silk furnishings and appointments.

here it is:

mw_davissuite.jpg

this is a different room, but looks more like the "white" motif you seek:

mw_deluxesuite.jpg

and this looks great, split-level:

mw_deluxeroom.jpg

stunning rooms, aren't they?

mw_design.jpg

The Davis on Soi 22.

i think you and i both know one girl who would fit perfectly into any of these rooms ....................... B)

some dude shot a video of his room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEQavoo3Jg

Edited by bkkladyboy

I did not bother to take photo's but stayed at Chateau de Bangkok on SI Ruam Rudi last trip. 45m2 suite, LB friendly only 2 blocks from NEP in Ploenchit and very reasonable, about 2200bht per night.

Take a background with you, eg My link

A roll of wall paper just as effective, or all but the strongest wall shades can be knocked out by a lighting head illuminating them plus 2 stops.

Dynasty grande has some big suites, or one of the bigger is the Nana (not THE Nana hotel) but the one far end soi 4...by Tobacco Factory

... or one of the bigger is the Nana (not THE Nana hotel) but the one far end soi 4...by Tobacco Factory

Thanks for the hint.

You probably mean Royal Ivory Nana. I was there in December 2007. The room was large, but the AC was very noisy and inefficient, the noise isolation in the hotel was inexistent and the hotel guests start to slam doors at 7am. Moreover, the backdrop is brown and the whole room is designed in dark colors. The owner is an Indian family and looked strange at my ladyboy (Odett from Cascade). It is true that a hotel for 30 euro per night is advantageous. However, I would consider Boss Suits in this case: http://bosssuites.com/main.php

i was in the PB Hotel on friday night and i thought of you and took these pics. :o:D:P

not the most beautiful/trendy but the new drapes are not too bad (plain tan) and and the walls are freshly painted white.

none of the furniture is built in so yu can move it around if need be. (sometimes it moves by itself. :blink: )

big windows too if you are looking for natural light, but only 2nd floor and the rooms across the way can see you i think.

not very large, but not small either. about 4o ST and 600 all night.

coffee shop serves ok TH food too.

its great for ST, don't know about pics.

most taxis know where it is too. form NEP you go to Soi 11, go all the way to the "T" and turn left, go right at Q Bar (u have to), and then the 1st left. go strait till you see the PB sign. DO NOT LET THEM TURN INTO THE PENTHOUSE HOTEL!

DSCN7899.JPG

DSCN7900.JPG

DSCN7901.JPG

DSCN7902.JPG

forum-reccomend (1).jpg

Edited by bkkladyboy

Thanks for the hint.

You probably mean Royal Ivory Nana. I was there in December 2007. The room was large, but the AC was very noisy and inefficient, the noise isolation in the hotel was inexistent and the hotel guests start to slam doors at 7am. Moreover, the backdrop is brown and the whole room is designed in dark colors. The owner is an Indian family and looked strange at my ladyboy (Odett from Cascade). It is true that a hotel for 30 euro per night is advantageous. However, I would consider Boss Suits in this case: http://bosssuites.com/main.php

no not the Royal Ivory, basically the last hotel on left far end of soi 4

Try the paradiso executive room, must be top floor, a bit more money, maybe 2500, compared to 1700. but cool art and bigger room. you can probably see on website. but it is boutique hotel, so bigger room doesnt mean baseball games allowed. nice though for the price

Here's a pic of a Standard room at Eastiny Plaza in Pattaya taken from their website.

std%2023.jpg

One very nice thing about the rooms is that they have *wired* Internet access.

But don't get a seaview room without checking the view first!

I've stayed at the Davis several times. It's a bit up Suk, but close to massage central and out of the noise; and the Soi 33 bars...now there's Dark Side! I usually get a Superior Room (read: large studio), but it's a good sized room with moderan amenities and there are no joiner fees.

What is the normal check-in time for hotels in bangkok? i am arriving around 6 in the morning...

officially it is 2pm, but many times I arrived at 7am and got a room with no extra charge. if you book spdcifically for early check in they might charge you half a day, and so they do for late check out (depends in hotel, 6 or 8pm)

Fact is that many overseas flights arrive and depart BKK in odd hours, so the hotels are not always keen to allow early check in's or out's, especially if they are well booked. It screws their systems. So they take advantage of this.

Edited by scottie1954

officially it is 2pm, but many times I arrived at 7am and got a room with no extra charge. if you book spdcifically for early check in they might charge you half a day, and so they do for late check out (depends in hotel, 6 or 8pm)

Fact is that many overseas flights arrive and depart BKK in odd hours, so the hotels are not always keen to allow early check in's or out's, especially if they are well booked. It screws their systems. So they take advantage of this.

Thanks scottie...i guess what u r saying..we would be able to check-in with extra charges maybe..