Unavowed

Grand Hyatt Erawan

I've got a long stay in Bangkok in March, and often like to end my trip in a (better) quality hotel. I know this is slightly away from the entertainment, but that's partly the idea.

Has anyone stayed here and have any thoughts on whether it's worth it? I think I also read (pre-covid) that it does/does(?) have a popular bar frequented by FLs. Does anyone know about this?

It's been a long time since I stayed there. I liked the hotel itself. Good rooms and facilities. When I stayed there they had a dance club that attracted freelancers (all gg as far as I could tell), and they all asked premium prices.

8 minutes ago, Bwana_LB said:

It's been a long time since I stayed there. I liked the hotel itself. Good rooms and facilities. When I stayed there they had a dance club that attracted freelancers (all gg as far as I could tell), and they all asked premium prices.

Thanks Bwana. Makes sense that an expensive hotel would mean they ask premium prices. Similar to Oskars on Soi 11 I guess, "high end' bar that attracts farangs where it's great to people watch and fun to watch the FLs trying to make eye contact. I've never bothered with (gg) FLs there, but I expect it would be the same 5k+ expectation. 

8 hours ago, Unavowed said:

I've got a long stay in Bangkok in March, and often like to end my trip in a (better) quality hotel. I know this is slightly away from the entertainment, but that's partly the idea.

Has anyone stayed here and have any thoughts on whether it's worth it? I think I also read (pre-covid) that it does/does(?) have a popular bar frequented by FLs. Does anyone know about this?

Spasso?  The Italian restaurant by day and freelance spot by night, is that the place?

If so sorry to say it’s no longer there.  They have redone the lower section of the hotel, just restaurants and a bottle shop now.  You do have Mixx across the road and the after hours club “Lucky” bar is around the area as well.

9 hours ago, happyone said:

Spasso?  The Italian restaurant by day and freelance spot by night, is that the place?

That's the place. Not surprised it's gone. I think the hotel was a bit bothered to learn that they were hosting a club full of working girls.

It's been more than 5 years since I stayed at Grand Hyatt Erawan. Since Hyatt Regency opened in 2018, corner of Soi 13/Sukhumvit, I will only stay there. Best location in the LB triangle.

Grand Hyatt was nice. Only 1 stop on BTS to get to Nana station, so easily accessible to the good stuff. Spasso was an awesome pickup joint and a fairly decent Italian restaurant, sad to hear that it has gone.

Just a follow up on this topic. I stayed here for 6 nights in March. One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Service was top class, as in genuine 5 Star hotel responsiveness and attention to detail you would expect in a European 5 star hotel.

Rooms were great, big and good layout and facilities excellent. Quality gym and really nice pool area. The basement has a very nice wine bar, bakery and mid range Thai restaurant too. The Gaysorn Centre and Central world are across the road and Chit Lon station a few minutes away.

As you would expect it’s not cheap, but a good option if you want a place to hang out and relax in comfort for a few days. I didn’t bring anyone back, but it wouldn’t have been any issue if I had. I would definitely stay again but would be looking at off-season rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Unavowed Nice one! Thanks for sharing your thoughts in Grand Hyatt. I used to stay there (been maybe 5 years since last time). It is definitely a Grand hotel and only 1 stop on the BTS down to Nana so not too far from the action.