Sign in to follow this  
Bwana_LB

Hotel prices in high season...

I have been unable to locate the topic where a few of us were discussing the high prices in BKK for hotels this high season.

The discussion included how high the asking prices were at the Mercure on Soi 11, among other regular haunts. Oliver and I both suggested that BMs wait a bit to book places, as prices would often drop for bookings closer to one's travel dates.

Drop they did. I was tracking the prices at the Mercure, and for my trip dates (arriving late January) the rate for the room I wanted had been in the neighborhood of $120/night. Well, on Friday they dropped to $77. That rate includes a 5% discount for Accor Live Limitless members (free to join) and a discount for a stay of 7 nights or longer. Given the advantages of this hotel (nice rooms, good pool, and location!), I grabbed it.

Life is always sweeter when that next return trip has been booked.

42 minutes ago, Bwana_LB said:

I have been unable to locate the topic where a few of us were discussing the high prices in BKK for hotels this high season.

The discussion included how high the asking prices were at the Mercure on Soi 11, among other regular haunts. Oliver and I both suggested that BMs wait a bit to book places, as prices would often drop for bookings closer to one's travel dates.

Drop they did. I was tracking the prices at the Mercure, and for my trip dates (arriving late January) the rate for the room I wanted had been in the neighborhood of $120/night. Well, on Friday they dropped to $77. That rate includes a 5% discount for Accor Live Limitless members (free to join) and a discount for a stay of 7 nights or longer. Given the advantages of this hotel (nice rooms, good pool, and location!), I grabbed it.

Life is always sweeter when that next return trip has been booked.

Good for you Bwana to wait it out. I just noticed they dropped as well and booked myself.

Had I waited I could have saved over 3000 baht for my 3 night stay over new years. I’m going to call Accor and see if they can do anything for me for those nights. (They have a price match guarantee but I don’t meet the conditions for it). They still might do something out of goodwill though.