Sign in to follow this  
mardhi

2 new Hyatt hotels coming to Bangkok

The most likely to open, let alone be the first to open is the new PARK HYATT located above the Central Embassy shopping mall. This is aside Ploenchit and Wireless Road and is the land sold off by the British Embassy a few years ago. Excellent location and 5 minute walk from Nana without any of the seediness. Opening mid 2016 according to the signs.

There is also signage now up at the corner of soi 13 Sukhumvit for a new HYATT REGENCY in the space that was originally going to be the Regent Bangkok. The developers have a chequered history hence my cynicism as to a) whether it will open and b) if it will still be a Hyatt by then. Looks far from finished.

The Park Hyatt has a facebook page "Park Hyatt Bangkok" which stated on April 11 "The hotel will open for reservation approximately two months prior to the opening which is scheduled for the last quarter of 2016." That is as precise as they will be about an opening date. Previously, Hyatt had said it would open in mid-2016. Agreed that this place will be much closer to the action than the Grand Hyatt Erawan. Too bad the opening is so many months away.

I did a google search for a Hyatt Regency in Bangkok, but all I found from Hyatt was an announcement they made back in 2012. It sounds like you may be right to be suspicious of this hotel ever becoming a reality.

The Park Hyatt will almost certainly be owned by Central via a property subsidiary and operated by Hyatt on their behalf. Surprising move as Central have been switching their 3rd party managed hotels to their in house Centara brand. Anyhow the sign reads mid 2016 when I walked past it on Saturday.

20160416_174412.jpg

Edited by mardhi