Sign in to follow this  
cutefarang

Thee Bangkok Hotel - Soi 20

Recently my condo has been going through a remodel, what started as a few days has turned into a few weeks (this is Thailand lol). I had been staying in a small guesthouse but that was not good for long term stay. I found this brand new hotel (rebranded/remodeled from another hotel) close by called Thee Bangkok Hotel. Normally for these reviews I list pro's and con's for the hotels I have stayed in. But for this one I can't think of a single con. So here is a list of why this might be my new favorite boutique hotel in Bangkok:

- Two minute walk to Soi Cowboy.

- The most comfortable bed I have slept in on this side of the world.

- Excellent wifi connection throughout the hotel.

- Rooms feel a lot bigger than they really are, you never feel like your staying in a 20 sqm room.

- Air Con works almost too good

- Amazing bathtub in the deluxe rooms/good shower in the superior rooms. Also instead of the small throwaway toiletries you normally get that have big bottles of both bath gel and shampoo and both have the look, feel and aroma of something you would buy in a specialty store.

- Excellent staff, anytime we had a problem it was solved immediately.

- Samsung flat screens in every room with plenty of channels

- There was no mention of a joiner fee and no one said anything when I brought a girl back.

- Excellent location. 5 minute walk to BTS/Terminal 21.

- Good food options right outside the hotel (Excellent street noodles, Scoozi and Belicoso Pizza, German Pub).

- Family Mart (like 7/11) right across the street

- Great deals on Agoda, I talked to the hotel directly and got a really good deal for a 2 week stay. The staff goes above and beyond to satisfy you.

- Seems to be a hotel geared more towards adults, in my time here I have seen no kids.

There you have it, if you want to be close enough to the action but in a safe quiet neighborhood I can't recommend this hotel enough. The only downside is there is no swimming pool, but they do have a small fitness room.

Great review. Just had a look. Insanely cheap! (Recently shelled out a damn sight more for a mediocre experience in Sydney).

I worked out a pretty good deal with this hotel for 2 weeks. I have stayed at nicer hotels for a lot more money (Mandarin and Dusit Thani are my favorites) but for a boutique hotel (only 5 floors and maybe 60 rooms) this hotel was excellent for the price.