Sign in to follow this  
Youngone

Marriott Sukhumvit Park, soi 24

Back in April 2013 I had a 3 week spell in Bangkok and decided that for that length of time I'd need a room with preferably a separate living room and kitchen. My usual haunt, the Emporium Suites, had no rooms available in the category that I wanted, so I looked around and came across the Marriott Sukhumvit Park on soi 24. It turned out to be a great decision...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkksp-sukhumvit-park-bangkok-marriott-executive-apartments

First impression: medium sized lobby with some comfy seating areas and a couple of flat screen TV's showing international news and sports. A Very efficient & friendly receptionist had everything prepared for me to check in at 6am. A bellboy took me to my room in which the AC had already been turned on in anticipation of my arrival, a nice touch I thought...

Location: quite deep down in soi 24, around a 10 minute walk to the Emporium Mall or BTS. The hotel does offer a Tuk-Tuk service to get you to the Emporium, but it stops service at 10pm. Plenty of restaurants, coffee shops around the hotel as well as a 7/11 make for easy pickings if you're hungry or thirsty. The location far down in the soi is however the reason that I haven't been back here since I stayed, I found it just a bit too far from the BTS...

Room: terrific room! Around 65m2, a living room with a comfortable sofa and large flat screen TV, a kitchen with micro-wave and all other appliances that one needs to do some basic cooking, a bedroom with an extremely comfortable king size bed and a fantastic bathroom with a rain shower separated from the bath. The best for me was the fact that there was absolutely 0 noise around and the curtains blocked off all sunlight. For a light sleeper who is sensitive to light like myself this is perfect...

Pool/Gym: a good sized pool on the sukhumvit side, which means it gets sun until about 2pm. There is a pooltable as well as a small gym with some running machines. Very pleasant staff who were equally friendly to my LB guests as to my GG guests.

Bottomline: I would recommend this hotel for longer stays, but only for people who don't mind the 10 minute walk to Sukhumvit road. I found all other aspects of the place perfect, including very fast and reliable wireless internet ( I'm a Marriott Gold member, so get that for free, not sure if it's charged otherwise). It's totally Guestfriendly for LB's and GG's alike.

The Pool area

MS 1.JPG

Living room and kitchen

MS 2.JPG

Bedroom with very comfy King size bed

MS 3.JPG

The beds were so comfy that it was a major effort to get my guests to leave...

MS 4.JPG

Edited by Youngone