luv u long time

Darjelling Hotel

I had an unexpected short stay in Bangkok in the middle of my recent holiday, so needed a place to drop my bags, so nothing too expensive was needed.

Tim at Thai Hotel Discounts sorted me out with Darjelling Hotel. He has a negotiated rate for 1220 baht per night, which includes breakfast.

Positives:

Location - On the Suk Rd, so just a hop skip and a jump from the action

Price - For this money, it is difficult to beat given the Suk Rd location

Modern - nice and modern feel to the hotel

No joiner fee

Negatives:

Room size - Quite a small room, but fine if you are lone traveller with overnight guests

Swimming Pool - Dont be fooled by the website saying, "Swimming Pool". At best this is a large bath :) and its location in the hotel is just not somehwere you would use to chill out.

Summary:

Ideal for budget accommodation without compromising on really far away location or old/tired decor.

Would I use this place again? Yes I would, but only if I couldn't get the usual discount deals with the bigger hotels that I usually stay at.

Make sure you take a copy of the map of where the hotel is along with their telephone number as it is hidden behind a big apartment block and is not obvious place to find.

Tim was his usual super-efficient self and I have yet to receive anything but fast/friendly service. I would always recommend giving him a try when looking for a hotel in Thailand. He is very honest and gives lots of information.

Here's a few pics I took for the forum as the availavble pics were quite limited when I tried to google the place.

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

And now.......for the 'swimming pool' :D

IMG_2186.jpg

Great report LULT +1

If only all hotel reviews were this good <_>

great pics too,

looks really good for the price.

cheers mate :D

Nice idea having a window in the shower!

One can easily see if the night's entertainment is going through one's luggage!!

I prefer showering together it's more fun and prevents theft.