Siam Man

Spam and Spammers

You may have noticed a few spam posts recently. :banghead: I want to thank those who filed reports. No PM's were sent which is greatly appreciated as it's not the way to alert the mods quickly. We had about seven different BM reports on the same spammer. Usually they don't get this far, but I was away from the forum after due to circumstances which involve some overseas travel.

Prior to these recent attacks I had been shutting down various accounts before they could even get validated. Some times up to a dozen a day. You may have noticed some of these new accounts under the currently online list. They usually have gibberish usernames and are trying to get validation. I have made Kendo aware of this also. If you see spam sticking on the forum or progressing across several threads, thats the best time to report it. That will assist other moderators who can address it. With one click of a button we can eliminate them and all their posts.

For the next month, I will be on the road and staying at different hotels which don't always have access or come at such a price that I'm not going to pay, so your patience and assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to protect the forum.

:clap:

These spammers seem to just keep coming.

Every couple of hours, I'll just check on this site to see whats going on, and I see a string of spam posts.

You may want to alert Alex.

It looks like someone is deliberately hacking this site.