Sign in to follow this  
iRupert8

Hotel Check-in Question...

I only ask this because on my first trip to Bangkok this actually happened to me. I booked a few nights at hotel on Soi 4 (hotel will remain nameless). Anyway, I arrived at 1:00 a.m. in the morning and I was having trouble locating the hotel. Up and down the street I went until the third time I finally found my destination. The lights were blacked out in the entrance as well as the lobby. When I entered in I walked up to the counter only to realize that the receptionist was asleep on the couch. Eventually I was able to check-in but as I prepare for another arrival to LOS I don't want to experience the same thing. I'm assuming that with 99% of the hotels on Sukhumvit there are late check-in's available as long as I have a reservation. I'm thinking of staying 1 night just to settle in and move on to a better hotel the next day. Please advise?

1 am in Bkk is nothing special for check inn. Soi 4 should be busy at that time. And if its not a very small hotel or a private Appartment you should have no problems to check Inn. If you are unsure write before to your hotel and ask for check inn times.