Sign in to follow this  
DonqyJon

username searchable in Google!

Hi,

Just sent an email to a colleague accidentally using an email based around my Bangkok Ladyboys username (it's the one I use for the Thai GGs and LBs!). Had a bit of a panic as he's very tech savvy, so I thought of Googling it, and lo and behold the first result is my Bangkok Ladyboys user details (when persevering with the search term - it first wants to direct to donjon, something French).

I may be a little paranoid here, and that's a colleague I'd probably have least worries with, but all the same I am a bit perturbed at Forum usernames being searchable by Google. Can site admin rememdy this?

Thanks.

Paranoid android.

(Tired, long hard day, 2 months until LOS etc etc)

Google only shows the first two lines when you search key words.

If you click on the link, you would not be able to read it unless you were a member.

Its a bit of a long shot you describe that someone would google you, register with a forum to see if its you and even then, if you have no face pics of yourself up, I doubt this is a compromise as you may first think.

Bottom line is......we need Google.

Every single one of us would not know about these forums unless Google indexed part of the content.

Google CANNOT see one word / pic inside Advanced section. We have restristcted that completely.

Thanks for the reassurance LYLT, guess I had a bit of a paranoid moment there and went off on one! You're right, I was still logged into the forum, so that makes sense about the visibility thing.

Cheers, and apologies for being a bit of an arse. Delete this thread if you wish.

Must shut down PC and sleep!!