Sign in to follow this  
Guest Geronimo42

Omni Tower

Guest Geronimo42

Anyone have a review of omni towers, they have some good deals on their suites but some of the reviews on Tripadvisor are not too crash hot?

Many thanks for your time

Anyone have a review of omni towers, they have some good deals on their suites but some of the reviews on Tripadvisor are not too crash hot?

Many thanks for your time

Omni Towers is a great place in a great spot, only a 5 minutes walk down from Nana Plaza. I have stayed there a number of times previously and the rooms are great, the service exelent and even if you can find the same kind of standard for a little less one can still easily live with their prices if there are rooms avalible. BUT, when I stayed there the two lat imes in the spring of 2009, I noticed a change when it came to bringing in guests to the room. It used to be no problem but now they started to bitch about it, saying that the Omni Towers was a family oriented hotel and so on and making a big deal out of that I was bringing guests. It worked out in the long run, because I stood up to them, and who knows maybee it was all a scam to make some extra money for the night personal, but you need to ask more people on the board if they have the same experience! Otherwise shop around and use the great advise you can get from the board! Good luck.

Haven't stayed there but have heard good review from those who have. They do good deals on long stays - 1 month or more

A friend of mine currently staying there and says it's great

A lot of the early content for AsianTS was shot in the Omni :D

Guest Geronimo42

Stayed there before and will stay again for a month in January. Good location and room and the price is right, especially long term.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I normally stay at the Grand President and probably stay there again. I don't want to book for a month and then have problems....that would be mightily piss offing!!

Rackenrobbier can you let us know how you go when you are there. I am a bit worried about some of the tripadvisor reports of arab children running up and down the corridors...a total non no for me. I don't mind paying a bit extra but not if its noisy!!

have a good day guys

Alan

Thanks guys for the feedback. I normally stay at the Grand President and probably stay there again. I don't want to book for a month and then have problems....that would be mightily piss offing!!

Rackenrobbier can you let us know how you go when you are there. I am a bit worried about some of the tripadvisor reports of arab children running up and down the corridors...a total non no for me. I don't mind paying a bit extra but not if its noisy!!

have a good day guys

Alan

Just booked a month at the Omni Tower. For best rate contact Pinya (TAN) at email: life_travel.r@hotmail.com. This is a travel agent in the lobby of the Omni. I got rates from her and directly from the hotel. 1-2 weeks through her is 2000 baht per night and through the hotel I think is about 2400. These are for the serviced apt. (one-bedroom) units. They also have a condo unit that's a bit cheaper but don't know anything about that. Think its just a hotel room.

The arab kids: Never had a problem with them running the halls much. There are arabs there, but my experience is they are everywhere and in every hotel now. Only problem I had was a serviced apartment at Grand President when a little one knocked on my door and ran right in when I opened it. He didn't stay very long.

Guest Geronimo42

Just booked a month at the Omni Tower. For best rate contact Pinya (TAN) at email: life_travel.r@hotmail.com. This is a travel agent in the lobby of the Omni. I got rates from her and directly from the hotel. 1-2 weeks through her is 2000 baht per night and through the hotel I think is about 2400. These are for the serviced apt. (one-bedroom) units. They also have a condo unit that's a bit cheaper but don't know anything about that. Think its just a hotel room.

The arab kids: Never had a problem with them running the halls much. There are arabs there, but my experience is they are everywhere and in every hotel now. Only problem I had was a serviced apartment at Grand President when a little one knocked on my door and ran right in when I opened it. He didn't stay very long.

Many thanks I will contact her and see what i can get for the month.

You can get 1 month at Omni for a 1 BR appartment for 25,000. Way less than 2,000 a night on a daily basis... 1700 for 1Br, 1200 for studio..through another company that manages some of the units there. Very good service.

Edited by therpo