Sign in to follow this  
pattaya.fan

Sawasdee Hotel - Sukhumvit Soi 8

There is a Sawasdee Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 8. I have stayed there last time very briefly (one night), it's nice and comfy. I was not in the mood that night and preety exhaused from the long fligth, so I did not learn about one important question.

Is it LB friendly?

I would apprciate feedback of anyone that stayed there. Usually Sawasdee are GG and LB-friendly, however while I was there I only saw backpackers.

For anybody interested, got the answer on another forum.

The Sawasdee is indeed GG- and LB-friendly

:D Think I going stay and come again. (Or is it the other way around) :P

The Sawasdee 8 is where I usually stay. I've tried a few other places but always come back to this one. It's the best value for the money that I've found in the Sukhumvit area. Things I like about it:

1) I can usually book it with breakfast for approximately 1200baht all-in through agoda.com.

2) The rooms are small but clean and well-designed.

3) Beds are large and comfortable.

4) Wifi is decently fast and free.

5) It is tucked into the dark and quiet end of soi 8 with lots of trees. I don't feel like I'm in the middle of sex tourist central but am just a short walk away. The location is really hard to beat.

6) The staff are very nice.

7) 24 hour tuk tuk service to the top of the soi and back. I usually carry their business card in my wallet and then have my girl call them when we are at the top of the soi. They are there in less than five minutes. It's also close enough to Suk to make walking an option.

8) You can cut through the alleyway where Lolita's is to get to soi 4. I'm always tempted to stop and sometimes I do. :P

9) Breakfast is nothing much but always has fresh fruit and yogurt, which is enough for me as I do most of my eating later out on the street. They have a nice little coffee machine amidst the breakfast spread that puts out a good fresh cup.

10) They are guest friendly and I've had no problem bringing in LBs. I brought 2 GGs back with me one night and still no problem or joiner fee.

11) The times that I've done LT my date has joined me for breakfast and no one seemed to care.

12) If you happen to grab a late night beer from your refrigerator the price is more than reasonable. Unlike other places that hit you hard in the wallet for extras.

Edited by crazycloud

Stayed @Sawasdee Hotel - Sukhumvit Soi 8 again during my last trip in Jan.2014 -still LB friendly :P

Adding to Crayclouds great list:

13) Proximity to Check in Bar. (Lovely Toey joined me in my room,but she's a :a starfish: )