Some of the photographs here were collected from the Grand Swiss website and are noted as such. The (very) amateur efforts were shot by Yours Truly.   LOCATION: The official address of Grand Swiss hotel is Soi 11. The actual location is on the side Soi 11/1 as indicated on the map. Soi 11/1 is primarily
a pedestrian Soi with very little vehicular traffic. Check In Bar is a 5 minute stroll away. Nana Plaza, Chaos 9 and the rest of Soi 4 are a 10-15 minute walk depending on the bullshit clogging Sukhumvit sidewalks at any given time.         ABOUT: Grand Swiss is part of the Compass Group. Their properties include Citrus 13, Legacy Suites, Le Fenix, The Continent and several others. Compass Hotels offer efficient and very friendly service as well as meticulously maintained properties. It is hard to go wrong booking any of their hotels.   NEIGHBORHOOD: Soi 11 features numerous farang-oriented restaurants and bars for every taste and budget. Taxis, tuk-tuks and scooter taxis are readily available around the clock. Nana BTS is about a 3 minute walk from the hotel.   RATES: Basic rooms start at 2400 baht per night. Club level rooms start at 3000 baht per night. They also offer large adjoining rooms sold as suites, but chances are you won't be taking the wife and kids on your Bangkok ladyboy trip.   GS Website Pic   My room was a Grand Executive (club level room) located on the top 18th floor.       The bed was a tad soft for my taste, but I like rock-hard mattresses so I suspect most people will find them perfectly suitable.           A desk with good lighting will allow you to perform work efficiently.         The minibar. The Grand Swiss provides free bottled water to guests in the bathroom. However, the Evian bottled water pictured on top of the minibar will cost you. More than once, a ladyboy mindlessly opened one of these instead of one of the free bottles and it cost me a ridiculous 170 baht every time they did. I ended up hiding them on a shelf from the girls and telling them to open a free bottle. Everything else in the minibar was reasonably priced by minibar standards, including the hooch.             The bathroom. Not much to say about this. The shower offers both rainshower head and hand held shower head. It also easily accomodates 2 people, allowing you to have some fun with your girl while getting clean. The only downside was a lack of adequate lighting, due to energy saving priorities. The Grand Swiss isn't the only hotel that has this shortcoming. It seems like they all do these days.           Staying in a club room will give you exclusive access to Grand Swiss' rooftop lounge, the 180 Lounge. It can be found by walking up a flight of stairs on the 18th floor. This place turned out to be far and away my favorite part about staying at the Grand Swiss. The 180 Lounge offers complimentary booze from 5:30 to 7:00 every night, as well as snacks and assorted goodies throughout the day. The best part is the outdoor seating area, which offers terrific views of Bangkok and was a fine place to watch the sunset. I took several ladyboys up here for drinks both before and after fun in bed, and every girl absolutely loved it such as Bee from Fairy Bar.   GS website pic   GS website pic           After drinks at the 180 Lounge Bee tried out the bed with me for longtime fun. Grand Swiss welcomes ladyboys. NOTE: Not once did the front desk call to verify with me when girls left to collect their IDs before leaving, which somewhat defeats the purpose of taking their IDs in the first place. This isn't a big deal unless you bring back a freelancer to stay in your room. I am sure the front desk will call if you request they do so.     In conclusion, I recommend the Grand Swiss. It's location close to mongering grounds as well as restaurants and bars is a winner. The moderate rates offer great bang-for-the-buck results. I am sure I will be staying here again on future visits. Thanks for reading my review. Any thoughts and comments are welcomed.