Knobby

Current Bangkok Clinics ?

I have an idea for a future trip to Thailand. It includes doing a couple of things I used to do a few years ago as a hobby mainly for fun but made some money on the side.

I used to go over to The Working Mens Project in London and get tested for HIV etc etc for free which came with adult industry certs.

What clinics are there at the moment in Bangkok that can do the full tests and even give a print out f the results?

Thanks in advance 

I usually go here MediConsult on soi 49. It's not a sexual health clinic specifically but you can get HIV and many other tests done there. Results within 24 hours via email.

You can also get PEP/PrEP there if needed.

Reasonable prices and you're usually in and out in half an hour. The GP there (Dr Donna) is UK trained too.

https://www.medconsultasia.com/

24 minutes ago, farangkeenok said:

I usually go here MediConsult on soi 49. It's not a sexual health clinic specifically but you can get HIV and many other tests done there. Results within 24 hours via email.

You can also get PEP/PrEP there if needed.

Reasonable prices and you're usually in and out in half an hour. The GP there (Dr Donna) is UK trained too.

https://www.medconsultasia.com/

Thanks for all the info Farangkeenok, any idea how much the Prep is ??? 

Any problems in obtaining this ??

Cheers

I have used that clinic for non-sexual things. It was ok but long waiting times even with an appointment.

Dr Donna is ok but so busy your in and out in no time and not really enough time.

59 minutes ago, mike746 said:

Thanks for all the info Farangkeenok, any idea how much the Prep is ??? 

Any problems in obtaining this ??

Cheers

Prices are on their website: https://www.medconsultasia.com/paymentinfo

PrEP: 1050 / PEP 1700

I'm sure there wont be any issues obtaining it. Maybe leave out the LB part and say you're gay if you want to save some embarrassment lol

I had PEP from there before without issue. 

So this pep stuff or whateve its called,
It's meant to try and lessen the risk of aids right?
Don't it fuck you up with side effects?

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk

PrEP is what you take before engaging in risky behaviour

PEP is what you take as an emergency measure (within 72 hours) after you do something stupid.

It's basically the same thing but PEP also has 1 extra drug.

I've only ever done PEP and the first time it did give me a rash for a few days but if you think you're at risk of getting infected with HIV it's a no brainer

It doesn't just lessen the risk of contracting HIV. It virtually eliminates it if taken correctly.

There have been cases of people contracting HIV on PrEP but it is really rare (some HIV strains appear to be resistant to it).

Ok so PrEP.
Seems to good to be true?
Of course if you rubber up then that's the best anybody dan do but..
If its gotta be bare back then this PrEP stuff seems to be the way to go.
Any here got first hand experience using it?
What side effects?
Costs?
How to get and where?

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk

Ok so if I read right then a person would have to start on the tablets ( I suppose it is tablets?) before any action takes place?

Ok so if I read right then a person would have to start on the tablets ( I suppose it is tablets?) before any action takes place?
actually, yes. Consult a doc at the pulse clinic in silom to get them. they can also advise and test you for other stuff. Very cheap compared to clinics in western countries.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I have been on it for 7 months now without issue. You can start and stop if you like, but you need start at least 7 days before your first encounter. You should go at least 2-3 days after you last encounter. I have a tendency to be spontaneous with my encounters, so just stay on it for now.

The small infection rate is from people not taking their dose EVERY DAY. I have hereditary high bp, so i just toss it in my pill case with my other med & vitamins.

I live in the Chicago area. I went to the county clinic. Between my insurance and a manufacturer rebate card the county got for me, my Truvada is free.

There are several international versions, but Truvada by Gilead is the most potent and reliable version of PreP available.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ted135792468 said:

There are several international versions, but Truvada by Gilead is the most potent and reliable version of PreP available.

I'm not sure this is a fair statement. There's no empirical evidence that this is the case. Teno-Em, the Thai generic version of Truvada, has been found to pass chemical equivalence tests, and clinical trials have found its effectiveness identical to Truvada. Gilead would love people to believe that generics are not as effective, but there's no evidence for that claim. If you're more comfortable taking the branded version, go for it, but evidence does not indicate that it's either more powerful (they are chemically identical) or more reliable (the equivalence testing samples from many batches).

That was a quote from a doctor at a Thai clinic stating his opinion of each med. It was posted by a member of this board. I have have also spoken with the doctors at my county clinic. I work for a pharmaceutical competitor of Gilead and understand this business. Truvada is the only one that meets both USP (United States Pharmacopeia) and EP (European Pharmacopeia) compliance.

I have nothing against generics and use them for myself. But for a little extra, I would want the peace of mind of avoiding an infection.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Interesting reading, if some BM's have time could they DM me with more intel on PrEP ?

Interested to hear more on this and when to start taking it.