Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo

Centre Point Sukhumvit soi 10

Has anyone stayed here? How is it and how far is it from the main road?

Do they allow joiners?

I am looking for a decent hotel where I can get someone to come via Smooci and at the same time there is not much noise from the street. I am forced to stay around the soi 11,13 or 10.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Rodrigo
Added info

I have stayed at the Centre Point Soi 10. While it is not up to the standard of the 5 star Grand Centre Point Hotels it is very reasonably priced and that is a big plus. The 1 bedroom suites are very large and surprisingly well appointed with a Living Room, a full Kitchen and a balcony. Talk about a place to party and entertain girls; this place is it. The hotel is guest friendly. I brought back multiple girls on several occasions and no one cared. The lobby is small and unpretentious, but the pool is nice.

The Hotel is located at the far end of Soi 10 in a very quiet location. There is a back door entrance onto Benjakitti Park which is great for morning walks before it gets too hot. It takes about 8 minutes to walk from the hotel to Sukhumvit although the hotel provides caddy service for its guests back and forth every 30 minutes until around 10:30 pm. 

I also like the Fraser Suites Hotel on Soi 11 which costs a little more, but since the Fraser is on Soi 11 near nightclubs it is both a little more convenient, but also in a lot noisier location. Both hotels are good values. I pay around $65 / night at Centre Point Soi 10 and around $85/night at the Fraser for similar size 1 BR suites. (I book way in advance of a trip whenever I spot a good deal.) I would rather spend my money on girls than hotels. 

Edited by marlowe

Thanks Marlowe. I am like you. I would rather spend on girls than hotels but I also hate to be in a noisy area as I need to sleep too.

I did look at the hotels in soi 11 but seems to be noisy or the rooms are too small. 

Maybe I should look at CP then. 

Centrepoint is ok. A little old but decent. I'd rate 3 1/2 star. And inexpensive. Not too far from the main road. 

Rooms are big and a tad dated. Guest friendly certainly. Be a lil careful about your deposit. I never received mine back although they said it was returned. 

How come Danum? Didn't they give you a receipt for the deposit? In every instance any hotel has taken a deposit they give me a receipt and when they return it they give it to me and make me sign for the return.

99.99% of the transactions I have with hotels when I travel is with a CC. Then there is no possible problem although I think you are fine dealing with the Grande Centre Point on a cash basis if that is more convenient.to you. In my case I booked through Expedia and got the $65/Night deal on a 1 br suite with free buffet breakfast for 2. The breakfast was not very good especially compared to the buffet breakfast at the Grand Centre Point T21, but then a 1 bedroom suite at the Grand CP is 2.5 times more expensive. Anyway it sufficed and all I really need for breakfast is coffee and some fresh fruit. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:07 AM, Rodrigo said:

How come Danum? Didn't they give you a receipt for the deposit? In every instance any hotel has taken a deposit they give me a receipt and when they return it they give it to me and make me sign for the return.

Well when you check in the take a deposit from you and this was about 1990B. On check out it is supposedly returned. I will admit my carelessness in not checking or being more careful and merely took their word for it. But finally after checking with my bank I discovered that there was no such deposit. Initial emails were answered but that soon ceased. I am definitely more careful about this now. 

I also thought it was too small an amount to fuss over. 

Ok. Thank you. I don't trust hotels on credit cards for extras after I got charged once for things I never ever use.

So now it's always cash. Sometimes I give 100 USD in cash and take a pic of the note and then give it to them. Now some Thai hotels are also taking a pic of the note and also check the numbers and make sure they give you back the same note. 

Of course always they have to give me a receipt for the deposit.

Good luck the next time. 

I still can't make up my mind where to stay. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, Rodrigo said:

Ok. Thank you. I don't trust hotels on credit cards for extras after I got charged once for things I never ever use.

So now it's always cash. Sometimes I give 100 USD in cash and take a pic of the note and then give it to them. Now some Thai hotels are also taking a pic of the note and also check the numbers and make sure they give you back the same note. 

Of course always they have to give me a receipt for the deposit.

Good luck the next time. 

I still can't make up my mind where to stay. 

I would ask you to consider Adelphi grande sukhumvit, 16 Soi Sukhumvit 41, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, 

Big rooms, washer/dryer so you travel light, guest-friendly, and close to Phrom Phong BTS. 

Fair rates too and with bfast.  

And I think what you said about cash makes sense. Cant go wrong there. 

I am currently staying here and it is excellent. I am paying 2,460 baht a night for a one bedroom apartment (I booked direct with them), which I think is pretty good. The standard rooms were about 235 baht a night less, but I felt that it was worth paying the extra for more space. No problem bringing one guest back at night. I have not tried bringing back more than one person at a time, so don't know if that would be an issue. Overall, I think the price quality ratio is very good right now, and Check-In Bar is just a five minute walk away.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, marlowe said:

I have stayed at the Centre Point Soi 10. While it is not up to the standard of the 5 star Grand Centre Point Hotels it is very reasonably priced and that is a big plus. The 1 bedroom suites are very large and surprisingly well appointed with a Living Room, a full Kitchen and a balcony. Talk about a place to party and entertain girls; this place is it. The hotel is guest friendly. I brought back multiple girls on several occasions and no one cared. The lobby is small and unpretentious, but the pool is nice.

The Hotel is located at the far end of Soi 10 in a very quiet location. There is a back door entrance onto Benjakitti Park which is great for morning walks before it gets too hot. It takes about 8 minutes to walk from the hotel to Sukhumvit although the hotel provides caddy service for its guests back and forth every 30 minutes until around 10:30 pm. 

I also like the Fraser Suites Hotel on Soi 11 which costs a little more, but since the Fraser is on Soi 11 near nightclubs it is both a little more convenient, but also in a lot noisier location. Both hotels are good values. I pay around $65 / night at Centre Point Soi 10 and around $85/night at the Fraser for similar size 1 BR suites. (I book way in advance of a trip whenever I spot a good deal.) I would rather spend my money on girls than hotels. 

I am looking at a potential longer term apartment to stay in several weeks, which is located on Soi 12. The owner of the unit assured me that I can access Soi 10 and Benjakitti Park from his place but when I look at the Google map, I don’t see any visible paths. I like those sunset walks over there! The unit is located in Circle S Sukhumvit 12 and is quite close to Centre Point, almost parallel to it, so perhaps there is an unmarked path. Since you stayed at Centre Point, are you aware of any shortcut to Soi 12 from that hotel? As you probably know, Brown Eyes and Condom and Cabbages restaurant are on Soi 12. If you ever went to eat there, then perhaps you might know about the shortcut. Otherwise, to arrive at Benjikitti Park, one has to walk all the way down Soi 12 to Suk and then back up Soi 10. 

Hi Vagamundo, I used to take walks in Benjakitti Park every morning when I stayed at Center Point 10. It is a nice park. I also liked the quiet neighborhood at the far end of Soi 10 & Soi 12 (Circle S).  So I wish I had better news for you, but I am not aware of any path or alley way that connects Soi 10 and Soi 12 or allows access to the park from Soi 12. I took a look at Google Maps close up visual of Soi 12 and there appears to be a guardrail at the end of Soi 12 separating it from vacant city land adjacent to the park, but I could not be certain access to the park is possible since a vender's cart was blocking the view. I would confirm access with the condo owner before booking. It would not surprise me if he is telling it like it is.  

image.png

Thanks Marlowe. The owner of the Circle S unit on Soi 12 informed me that there is a path from that condo direct to Centre Point. But it seems unlikely based on your info and the Google map. It also appears from Google Map that going direct on Soi 12 to the park is not feasible either but like you say, maybe the vendor cart is blocking an access point. It’s strange at times that these sois just stop and don’t continue or connect on to another locale. It would be convenient if a path existed as one could take a date(s) from CIB and just walk up Soi10 and cut across; otherwise a taxi would be required and they would have to do two turnarounds on Suk to access Soi12. 

I may just wait until my arrival and check it out before I book anything long term. But this winter with the continued onerous restrictions, it may not happen at all…

I pulled up a Google satélite photo of Soi 12, Sukhumvit. If one continues walking on Soi 12 to the end, it will arrive at that fetid canal that runs all the way to Lumpini Park along the bike and ped pathway. The only bridge to cross the Canal in that area to Benjakitti Park is from Soi 10. However, the satellite photo also illustrates Circle S Sukhumvit 12 close proximity to Centre Point Sukhumvit on Soi 10 but it’s not possible from the photo to see if there is a small path connecting the buildings. Unless, someone on the ground in Bangkok now wants to take an exploratory trip, it will have to wait until my arrival. 

Not sure about the connecting path for Soi 12,but on this video it shows the connecting lane from the park to Soi 10.

Relevant footage right at the end of the vid. and rest can been seen on part two

On 1/23/2022 at 8:04 AM, Vagamundo said:

I am looking at a potential longer term apartment to stay in several weeks, which is located on Soi 12. The owner of the unit assured me that I can access Soi 10 and Benjakitti Park from his place but when I look at the Google map, I don’t see any visible paths. I like those sunset walks over there! The unit is located in Circle S Sukhumvit 12 and is quite close to Centre Point, almost parallel to it, so perhaps there is an unmarked path. Since you stayed at Centre Point, are you aware of any shortcut to Soi 12 from that hotel? As you probably know, Brown Eyes and Condom and Cabbages restaurant are on Soi 12. If you ever went to eat there, then perhaps you might know about the shortcut. Otherwise, to arrive at Benjikitti Park, one has to walk all the way down Soi 12 to Suk and then back up Soi 10. 

I will walk down there over the next couple of days and let you know.

Too bad as the back side of Circle S Soi 12 is very close to Centre Point Hotel (almost touching their property line) but the Google satellite map indicates an approximate 6’ foot wall separating this hotel from Circle S. From the sat photo, I cannot discern a path linking there two places and perhaps one does not exist, contrary to the owners comments to me. Thanks for checking it out. 

9 hours ago, Vagamundo said:

Too bad as the back side of Circle S Soi 12 is very close to Centre Point Hotel (almost touching their property line) but the Google satellite map indicates an approximate 6’ foot wall separating this hotel from Circle S. From the sat photo, I cannot discern a path linking there two places and perhaps one does not exist, contrary to the owners comments to me. Thanks for checking it out. 

No problem. It is possible that one of the condos along soi 12 has a cut through to soi 10 from a rear entrance or vice versa but there is nothing obvious. Ask the owner where the cut through is he is talking about and I can go back another day and take a look.

That’s what I was wondering... I have not spoken to him recently because I find the current Thai COViD policy not acceptable to me but if things ease up and decide to reserve there then I will ask him to be more specific.

when I look at the satellite photo on Google, there appears to be a chance that there is a small footpath that might connect the two places though I can’t enlarge the photo enough to be sure. Perhaps it’s only accessible from the back side of Circle S and thus you have to be a resident to access? 

Owe you a drink, regardless...