Sign in to follow this  
mike746

Ibis styles Bangkok Sukhumvit phra

Hi all, i like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum, i have learnt so much !.

Has anyone stayed at the Ibis Styles ,phra ? looks / reviews good.

Can you recommend ? , Guest friendly ? I was thinking about booking for next Friday.

Cheers

Hi there Mike

I've never stayed at that particular Ibis, so cant comment. I have stayed at other Ibis hotels. They're part of the Accor group and so you tend to know what you will get, just like McDonalds etc. 

The rooms at Ibis tend to be small and from memory, they only offer standard rooms, so there's little/no chance of blagging a free upgrade!

I don't think you will go wrong selecting that place, but it does seem to be quite a trek to the fleshpots? I count 6 BTS stations to get to Nana?

If it were me, and doing a last minute booking on Agoda etc. I'd choose a hotel closer to the action, somewhere between soi 4 and 20, as that will be less travel and what you save on hotel costs, may be lost on late night taxi fares etc.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

SAG

42 minutes ago, SAGuy said:

Hi there Mike

I've never stayed at that particular Ibis, so cant comment. I have stayed at other Ibis hotels. They're part of the Accor group and so you tend to know what you will get, just like McDonalds etc. 

The rooms at Ibis tend to be small and from memory, they only offer standard rooms, so there's little/no chance of blagging a free upgrade!

I don't think you will go wrong selecting that place, but it does seem to be quite a trek to the fleshpots? I count 6 BTS stations to get to Nana?

If it were me, and doing a last minute booking on Agoda etc. I'd choose a hotel closer to the action, somewhere between soi 4 and 20, as that will be less travel and what you save on hotel costs, may be lost on late night taxi fares etc.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

SAG

Thanks SAguy

I usually stay either Sukhumvit soi 11 or 13, i was thinking about making it easier for my LB "friend" to hook up me with after she finishes work .

Cheers mate

Ah ha Mike

Then what you plan makes more sense then.

I don't think that there will be a problem checking your friend into an Ibis, but just to be on the safe side, I always book a room for 2 guests, which normally doesn't cost any extra.

The rooms are pretty small, but if its only for a short stay of a few days, then that shouldn't matter.

Cheers

SAG

Hi SAguy

I do the same, always book the room for 2, including BF.

Never had any problems, but i might go back to what I know, soi 13, citrus.

cheers

I stayed there last November on the Novotel side, great location roof top pool and bar are also very good New hotel all nice and clean no complaints and would stay again.