CHOWIE

Has anyone stayed in any of the new apartments off Soi 7 or 11?

I notice that Agoda is offering up furnished condos/apartment on Soi 7 and 11 off Sukhumit. Has anyone taken the dive with these rentals and are they more private & LB friendly? The Hyde and Residence 187 are a few examples. Thanks

Edited by CHOWIE

Agoda rules for Hyde, seems like if the management find out you're a short term booking they could kick you out with no refund

Also could be fined for bringing back an unregistered guest if I am reading it correctly 

House rules

• In order for us to register you with the immigration officer as this is the immigration rules of Thailand, kindly provide us with a picture for all guests' passport, departure card with serial number and visa. There will be a THB1,600 fine by the immigration if they find out that not all guests were registered and we will not be responsible for the fine • The building’s management does not allow short-term rental therefore if you have any inquiries, please do not approach any management staff for assistance. Please do contact us directly if you have any issues during your stay • Please do not disturb the neighbours during your stay • Only 2 guests allowed in the unit • Strictly no pets allowed • Strictly no gambling or illegal substance allowed • Strictly no smoking allowed/3,000 THB fine • Strictly no parking • For damage and loss of access card, there would be a 5,000 THB charge • We apologize if there were unexpected situation leading to you not being able to enjoy the facilities. However, booking is not refundable even if cancellation is made
Edited by snapper
spelling

The 1600 baht fine refers to the immigration department requirement that all visiting foreigners be registered on a TM30 form. It has nothing to do with any locals you may have staying with you for the night

The bigger issue might be the fact the condo owner is not allowed do short term rentals so you have to pretend to be staying long term if anyone asks you. That applies to most Airbnb lettings and most condos turn a blind eye because most of the condo owners are doing it. Some condos may be more strict and the Hyde stuck me as one of them. Many permanent residents of the more exclusive condos do not want hoards of short stay tourists coming in and out of the condo building. I stayed in an Airbnb in the Hyde a couple of years ago when it first opened and there were signs in the lift saying short stay rental was not permitted. I had to meet the condo "owner" in a bar nearby to get the key cards.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk